Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

New Frame

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-23, 01:07 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,492 Times in 4,189 Posts
I can pretty quickly tell if a bike isn't what I like, which then means the rest is probably in the 'like' category.

While I won't be able to tell the difference between 60mm of trail and 64mm of trail on a parking lot or neighborhood ride, I absolutely can tell the difference between 60mm of trail and 80mm of trail in that short time.
Similarly, I can definitely tell the difference between 65mm of BB drop and 77mm of BB drop, but not the difference between 74mm and 77mm in a short ride.

Things that are easily felt- significant differences in front wheel flop, sluggish rear end, frame reach, bb drop, wheelbase, etc.
Significant differences in those areas may not matter to some. In that case, cool- you have your pick of brand, color, components, and price since most everything can be considered.
Old 03-05-24, 09:53 PM
Joeyseven

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jerman
Any recommendations for a gravel bike frame? Frame weight is primary factor.
I have good components to move over from a Felt 2016 VR5 carbon. It can hold 32's but pinch flat last ride. Will try 35's but mud is sticky here.
Any good deals or experiences to share?
Thanks...
Jerman went Awol. wonder what and if what frame they bought.

Prices keep dropping on frames and bikes.