Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Seats for Big Dummy other than PeaPod - any issues?

Search
Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-12, 07:41 AM
BIG-E

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We're getting a Big Dummy for transporting our almost-year-old daughter. We're interested in using a seat other than the PeaPod III because it doesn't seem to have as much protection for the child as other seats do. Has anybody run into issues with fitting seats other than the PeaPod to the Big Dummy?
Old 04-28-12, 02:30 PM
ebartom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oddly enough, my problem with the Peapod is that it's too massive and wrap-around-y and takes up too much cargo space. But I believe it's a Peapod I, not a Peapod III. It looks like this: https://****************/2011/01/xtrac...ild-seat-2011/ Maybe you can get one of those off of Roots Radicals or Ebay? The attachment is point is pretty different for the xtracycle vs another bike. I would worry that the seat might come loose if you jury-rigged something else, and that seems to me a lot less safe than just using a more minimal seat. You could also put a front seat on the Big Dummy, and keep the rear for cargo. For a kid under two, I loved having them up front. It makes communication much easier when they're barely verbal, and I loved being able to share in their excitement about the BUS! or BIRD! or CAT! or whatever that we biked past.