Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Dahon folding bikes, why is the seat tube so steep?

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Dahon folding bikes, why is the seat tube so steep?

Old 10-31-16, 04:31 PM
  #51  
Joe Remi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,257

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by smallwheeler View Post
you're the only sweet i need, bb. miss you.



doesn't matter. my point was: defeat stupidity with logical arguments not virtue signalling.
I prefer to defeat a troll invasion by calling out a troll invasion. It's a lot simpler and more direct.
Joe Remi is offline  
Old 10-31-16, 04:35 PM
  #52  
tdonline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Smallwheeler, you are wasting your argument in regards to this particular poster. Find a more worthy poster to showcase your argument. As Joe Remi pointed out, Got was in another thread posting replies that had little to do with bikes and a lot to do with racist stereotypes. Perhaps Got's critics here made their decisions about him/her in context rather than merely disagreeing with his opinions.
tdonline is offline  
Old 10-31-16, 04:52 PM
  #53  
badmother
Senior Member
 
badmother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,720
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll

I`ll let you guys continue this while I go back to my knitting.
badmother is offline  
Old 10-31-16, 05:39 PM
  #54  
smallwheeler
Senior Member
 
smallwheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,379
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
Smallwheeler, you are wasting your argument in regards to this particular poster. Find a more worthy poster to showcase your argument. As Joe Remi pointed out, Got was in another thread posting replies that had little to do with bikes and a lot to do with racist stereotypes. Perhaps Got's critics here made their decisions about him/her in context rather than merely disagreeing with his opinions.

it's not about the particular poster. it's about the principle. these guys have done this before.

https://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bi...-sure-did.html


they read some comments they didn't like and then attacked the poster as being a shill or a troll. they were wrong. at least joe remi came back and apologized for that incident. i respect him for that. but, here we are again and the same two guys are using the same bully tactics. the particulars may be different, but their behavior is the same.
smallwheeler is offline  
Old 10-31-16, 05:44 PM
  #55  
smallwheeler
Senior Member
 
smallwheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,379
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by badmother View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll

I`ll let you guys continue this while I go back to my knitting.
could you knit me a pair of socks? merino wool, please. that would be sooo nice to keep my bones warm on the long winter nights..

smallwheeler is offline  
Old 10-31-16, 06:39 PM
  #56  
Joe Remi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,257

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
It's simple, don't post offensive stuff about race and you won't get shut down. I'm not a moderator and have never hit a red button. If you got moderated, take it up with the admin. Or talk about bikes without the weird racial crap.
Joe Remi is offline  
Old 11-03-16, 06:27 PM
  #57  
zebede
Hello
 
zebede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Suncoast, Florida
Posts: 903

Bikes: n+1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
I love folding bikes, Bike forums is a great place with many kind and sharing people with like minds. I don't have the time and am not as articulate as many posters, but I do enjoy reading and sharing. For some reason THIS sub-forum has a VERY high count of trolls and hijacked threads. Its almost a toxic culture that has developed.

I certainly do not see this in my other sub-forum subscriptions.
zebede is offline  
Old 11-03-16, 06:50 PM
  #58  
jur
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,391
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zebede View Post
I love folding bikes, Bike forums is a great place with many kind and sharing people with like minds. I don't have the time and am not as articulate as many posters, but I do enjoy reading and sharing. For some reason THIS sub-forum has a VERY high count of trolls and hijacked threads. Its almost a toxic culture that has developed.

I certainly do not see this in my other sub-forum subscriptions.
Have you had a look at the road bike sub-forum? I haven't recently; but when I did it was full of vitriol too. Perhaps that was an exception.
jur is offline  
Old 11-03-16, 07:33 PM
  #59  
Joe Remi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,257

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by zebede View Post
I love folding bikes, Bike forums is a great place with many kind and sharing people with like minds. I don't have the time and am not as articulate as many posters, but I do enjoy reading and sharing. For some reason THIS sub-forum has a VERY high count of trolls and hijacked threads. Its almost a toxic culture that has developed.

I certainly do not see this in my other sub-forum subscriptions.
Part of the problem is math. There isn't a large base of folding bike fans to draw from, so it only takes a couple people with a proclivity to say disruptive things to make the whole forum seem overrun with it. All you can do is tell them to stuff it and move on to a folding bike topic.
Joe Remi is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zajebisty
Folding Bikes
44
01-01-18 10:11 AM
champignon
Folding Bikes
33
03-12-13 08:03 AM
SlimRider
Folding Bikes
10
07-24-12 03:59 PM
seawater
Folding Bikes
25
01-02-11 04:47 AM
folder fanatic
Folding Bikes
0
02-17-10 09:38 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.