Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Adidas shoe sizing?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Adidas shoe sizing?

Old 12-16-05, 05:07 PM
F1_Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Adidas shoe sizing?

Could someone please compare Adidas cycling shoe (maybe specifically the Adistar Road Pro) to another brand such as Sidi or Diadora?

I'd like to order a pair online but sizing can be a crap shoot between brands.
Old 01-23-06, 10:45 AM
yonderboy
Lurker for Life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bumping this thread, because I'm having the same issue.

Does anyone know who actually makes the Adidas shoes? They're not in their normal athletic catalog, so I'm assuming someone else makes them for Adidas. Any idea on which last they use compared to their running shoes?
Old 01-23-06, 11:08 AM
botto 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts
can't tell you if adidas makes them or not, but i can tell you this: they're cr@ap quality. and i get that info from some very well informed sources.

i'd save my money of i were you.
Old 01-23-06, 11:14 AM
F1_Fan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd forgotten about this thread... I ended up ordering a pair of adistar Road Pro shoes. Quality seems OK. Not equal to Sidi maybe (the "leather" seems thinner) but I've got no complaints. Carbon sole is light and stiff. Performance has 'em on sale for a reasonable price but I'd not pay full price.

The fit is very similar to my Diadora shoes. Normal width and a big toe box. The last is a straighter one which I like (with a curved last my heels hit the chainstays.

The only thing I've found lacking in the adidas shoes is the absence of a "one-click" release (i.e., you can loosen the buckle by one-click while riding) like Sidi or Louis Garneau shoes have.

Last edited by F1_Fan; 01-23-06 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-23-06, 11:23 AM
jbonus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Order a half-size bigger when ordering Adidas cycling shoes. It's worked for me and others who buy Adistar shoes.
Old 01-23-06, 11:27 AM
DRLski

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F1_Fan
I'd forgotten about this thread... I ended up ordering a pair of adistar Road Pro shoes. Quality seems OK. Not equal to Sidi maybe (the "leather" seems thinner) but I've got no complaints. Carbon sole is light and stiff. Performance has 'em on sale for a reasonable price but I'd not pay full price.

The fit is very similar to my Diadora shoes. Normal width and a big toe box. The last is a straighter one which I like (with a curved last my heels hit the chainstays.
I love diadora shoes, too bad they're not selling in the US anymore.
Old 01-23-06, 11:36 AM
F1_Fan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRLski
I love diadora shoes, too bad they're not selling in the US anymore.
Me too. I put about 4 or 5 years on my old Francesco Moser signature shoes before they literally fell apart.

I didn't know that Gita isn't distributing Diadora anymore until just Googling it. However, since Canondale owns part of Diadora (or is in partnership at least) I think you'll see 'em again. Cannondale seems to be positioning themselves as a head-to-toe supplier (having bought Sugoi in 2005 within a week of the Diadora deal).