Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Adidas Bibs

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Adidas Bibs

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 12:38 PM
mike9903

Bikes: 09 Orbea Orca

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Adidas Bibs

I did a search and could not find any info on these, so, does anyone have any expierence with the Adidas bibs? I am looking at some Adidas Performance and some Adidas Pro on eBay. Not a bad price so thought I may give 'em a try.
Old 03-01-06, 12:51 PM
botto 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts
have a pair of the t-monile replica bibs. cr@p chamois. got them from a friend who works for the company. he almost never wears their stuff, and when he does it's for short 1-5 to 2 hour rides.

Originally Posted by mike9903
I did a search and could not find any info on these, so, does anyone have any expierence with the Adidas bibs? I am looking at some Adidas Performance and some Adidas Pro on eBay. Not a bad price so thought I may give 'em a try.
Old 03-01-06, 01:07 PM
Chicocreole

Bikes: Old Steel?, Currently building up a sweet Deda Aluminum Carbon frame that I will break as soon as it is done!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I only wear adidas - Run DMC corrupted me from an early age - I like the shoes and everything else can't really complain - except for one thing there stuff is so hard to find.
Old 03-01-06, 01:22 PM
botto 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts
you can find plenty at the factory outlet in Herzogenaurach

Originally Posted by Chicocreole
I only wear adidas - Run DMC corrupted me from an early age - I like the shoes and everything else can't really complain - except for one thing there stuff is so hard to find.
Old 03-01-06, 01:51 PM
x43x
Powered by the XVX

Bikes: 2011 Hampsten Gran Paradiso ti, 2007 Pedal Force RS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chicocreole
I'll second that. Its a bummer because Adidas has a website specifically for cycling yet they don't offer to sell it in their online store, which has every other sport. I found Piermontbike.com has a lot of their stuff though.
Old 03-01-06, 01:57 PM
dtrain
L-I-V-I-N

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Don't know about their bibs, but in my experience their shorts run a little large. My wife actually works for Adidas, but we mostly wear Pearl Izumi.
Old 03-01-06, 03:45 PM
mike9903

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dtrain
Don't know about their bibs, but in my experience their shorts run a little large. My wife actually works for Adidas, but we mostly wear Pearl Izumi.
So you are saying that you can get everyone on BF a discount on Adidas shoes, jerseys, shorts and bibs?

Thanks dtrain you are SO VERY generous!
Old 03-01-06, 03:51 PM
jbonus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wear only the Adistar EP "Elastic Power" bib shorts if you're going to wear Adi bibs.

www.bikesomewhere.com
www.cambriabike.com
www.glorycycles.com
www.excelsports.com
Old 03-01-06, 03:58 PM
jbonus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dtrain
Agreed about the sizing. Adidas fits well for those who are in between sizes. I'm more like a small+1/2 so their small bibs and tops fit me just right.
Old 03-01-06, 04:02 PM
mike9903

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbonus
Wear only the Adistar EP "Elastic Power" bib shorts if you're going to wear Adi bibs.
Saying I should only wear the most expensive Adidas bibs, you must also work for Adidas!

Last edited by mike9903; 03-01-06 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-01-06, 04:45 PM
jbonus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike9903
Saying I should only wear the most expensive Adidas bibs, you must also work for Adidas!
lol...I wish that were true...then I'd cut a discount for you and me and anyone else! Honestly though the padding is much more forgiving on longer rides and the fabric is more reflexive than the lower ranges. If you wear a size small or XL Adistar EP bibs can still be had for $69 at www.competitivecyclist.com