Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

How do I run?

Notices
Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

How do I run?

Old 05-02-06, 06:09 AM
  #1  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How do I run?

My *date* is a track runner, and I want to run with her when she trains.

So, how?

I haven't run since I joined the track team in 7th grade.

I can put up a 5:45 mile, is that good?

Maybe BDG can help me.
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:29 AM
  #2  
blonduathlongrl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
yes..that's a great time actually..now im wondering how old you are and why you're asking if you can run.. you obviously not only can run but can run fast.. you just need to build endurance to see if you can keep that high speed for more then a mile.. remember don't push the distance too far too fast.
blonduathlongrl is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:32 AM
  #3  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
yes..that's a great time actually..now im wondering how old you are and why you're asking if you can run.. you obviously not only can run but can run fast.. you just need to build endurance to see if you can keep that high speed for more then a mile.. remember don't push the distance too far too fast.
17, but I'm not a runner.

That 5:45 was my mile time from gym class. The President's Physical Fitness Challenge.

This girl does half marathons, so I have a ways to go yet, don't I?
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:35 AM
  #4  
snowy
Beauty Everywhere
 
snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,596

Bikes: 2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just go out with her I'm sure the first few times she will be easy on you I'm sure you will be fine don't worry to much and just go out with her. Remember to just have fun!
__________________
"RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.
snowy is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:39 AM
  #5  
blonduathlongrl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
you do.. but you can always do 5ks with her.. there are other race you can enjoy together.
I think it's really nice that you want to run cause she does, keep in mind that you have to find the passion yourself, you cant run for other people. it takes dedication, a lot of it.. it's not like biking where you can stop for a while and always remember how to ride, with running.. it takes a LOT to get up there , find your pace and build up endurance to keep it up, if you stop.. it's back to beginning...
If you really want to do this, there is no other way but to get out there and try and run a mile and slowly increase the distance to not more then half a mile a week.. if you keep it up, I bet you you'll be able to run a 5 k in a couple months, safely withought injuring yourself and I bet you your time will be VERY good.. if you can keep up that 5:45.. youll end up very close to the top in your category.
blonduathlongrl is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:40 AM
  #6  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snowy
Just go out with her I'm sure the first few times she will be easy on you I'm sure you will be fine don't worry to much and just go out with her. Remember to just have fun!
Easy?

She does 6 minute miles for an hour and a half straight and you think she's going to be "easy"?!?

You're dellusional (SP?), snowy.
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:43 AM
  #7  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
you do.. but you can always do 5ks with her.. there are other race you can enjoy together.
I think it's really nice that you want to run cause she does, keep in mind that you have to find the passion yourself, you cant run for other people. it takes dedication, a lot of it.. it's not like biking where you can stop for a while and always remember how to ride, with running.. it takes a LOT to get up there , find your pace and build up endurance to keep it up, if you stop.. it's back to beginning...
If you really want to do this, there is no other way but to get out there and try and run a mile and slowly increase the distance to not more then half a mile a week.. if you keep it up, I bet you you'll be able to run a 5 k in a couple months, safely withought injuring yourself and I bet you your time will be VERY good.. if you can keep up that 5:45.. youll end up very close to the top in your category.
Man, this is going to take awhile.

So, you think in five-six weeks and I can hit a 5k?

That's a goal I think I can reach.

But, there aren't going to be any water bottles when I'm training!

That chews.

Although, if it makes us closer, it's worth it. Right?
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:45 AM
  #8  
snowy
Beauty Everywhere
 
snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,596

Bikes: 2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 56/12 and 22/28
Easy?

She does 6 minute miles for an hour and a half straight and you think she's going to be "easy"?!?

You're dellusional (SP?), snowy.
Suck it up!!!
__________________
"RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.
snowy is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:46 AM
  #9  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snowy
Suck it up!!!
You girls always say that.
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:49 AM
  #10  
TexasGuy
That darn Yankee
 
TexasGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: West West Fort Worth
Posts: 4,286

Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 56/12 and 22/28
My *date* is a track runner, and I want to run with her when she trains.

So, how?

I haven't run since I joined the track team in 7th grade.

I can put up a 5:45 mile, is that good?

Maybe BDG can help me.
The mile in 5:45 ? *niffs* is that bs i smell
__________________
Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
"Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
So many sayings, so little sig space.
TexasGuy is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:49 AM
  #11  
blonduathlongrl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
well I had to laugh.. I think you'll be OK withought water.. it's 3 miles.. you run 6 minutes mile, you'll be back to your water bottle in less then 18 minutes!!
yes, I do think it's worth it.. if you do enjoy running, it is something really nice to share with someone.
and yes, I definilty think you can do it.. you better post on your first 5k soon
blonduathlongrl is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:56 AM
  #12  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasGuy
The mile in 5:45 ? *niffs* is that bs i smell
Hey, you listen here, TG.

The "Presidential Level" for a 17 year old male is 6:00.

I think I did okay.

What the hell is "niffs"?

Doesn't weight really matter in running? Like it does in climbing on a bike?

It's all flat land, so I figure it doesn't, but I'm probably wrong, because I'm a guy.
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 06:58 AM
  #13  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
well I had to laugh.. I think you'll be OK withought water.. it's 3 miles.. you run 6 minutes mile, you'll be back to your water bottle in less then 18 minutes!!
yes, I do think it's worth it.. if you do enjoy running, it is something really nice to share with someone.
and yes, I definilty think you can do it.. you better post on your first 5k soon
I might do something for the A.D.A.

I'm already doing the Tour de Cure (I'm the captain of Team Sugar Rush), so it shouldn't be to hard to get the fundraising done for the run.

Please, don't laugh at me. I'm a n00b.
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 07:04 AM
  #14  
blonduathlongrl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
not laughing at you at all!!! ( you *****)
blonduathlongrl is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 07:04 AM
  #15  
blonduathlongrl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I guess the p word is a bad word... sowweee
blonduathlongrl is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 07:05 AM
  #16  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
not laughing at you at all!!! ( you *****)
What?

Is that a female dog or female something else you're calling me?
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 07:06 AM
  #17  
TexasGuy
That darn Yankee
 
TexasGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: West West Fort Worth
Posts: 4,286

Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay. I guess it wasn't too far fetched. When I was in the navy all i remember is that my age and fitness level required me to finish in under 10 minutes which I see now was 1.5 miles.
__________________
Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
"Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
So many sayings, so little sig space.
TexasGuy is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 07:07 AM
  #18  
TexasGuy
That darn Yankee
 
TexasGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: West West Fort Worth
Posts: 4,286

Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 56/12 and 22/28
What?

Is that a female dog or female something else you're calling me?
that's "something else"
__________________
Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
"Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
So many sayings, so little sig space.
TexasGuy is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 07:07 AM
  #19  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasGuy
Okay. I guess it wasn't too far fetched. When I was in the navy all i remember is that my age and fitness level required me to finish in under 10 minutes which I see now was 1.5 miles.
So, you're comparing me to you.

That's a receipie for disaster.

Or bad cooking.
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 07:09 AM
  #20  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasGuy
that's "something else"
Indeed.

...

I really need a "grimace" smilie.

Like this:

But in this colour:

That would pwn.
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 07:10 AM
  #21  
explody pup
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Just ask her to give you some tips and learn fast.

Also remember, learn a good running form. I'm sure if she's running half marathons she'll be able to tell you what you're doing wrong and what you're doing right.

Watch out for the nipple chaffing.
 
Old 05-02-06, 07:11 AM
  #22  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by explody pup
Just ask her to give you some tips and learn fast.

Also remember, learn a good running form. I'm sure if she's running half marathons she'll be able to tell you what you're doing wrong and what you're doing right.

Watch out for the nipple chaffing.
Good idea.

I always check for chaffing when I shave.
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 07:13 AM
  #23  
explody pup
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by 56/12 and 22/28
Good idea.

I always check for chaffing when I shave.
I'd recommend just cutting holes in your shirt and exposing your nipples. She'll dig it. Maybe even do the same thing.
 
Old 05-02-06, 07:14 AM
  #24  
TexasGuy
That darn Yankee
 
TexasGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: West West Fort Worth
Posts: 4,286

Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by explody pup
I'd recommend just cutting holes in your shirt and exposing your nipples. She'll dig it. Maybe even do the same thing.
__________________
Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
"Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
So many sayings, so little sig space.
TexasGuy is offline  
Old 05-02-06, 07:15 AM
  #25  
56/12 and 22/28
Stop it.
Thread Starter
 
56/12 and 22/28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Weight Weenie-land.
Posts: 1,607

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro w/ slicks, flipped stem and HB, 2003 Colnago Dream with full Dura-Ace 7700 double, 2001 Bianchi XL Boron/Daytona, Mavic Open Pro/Campy Centaur/DT Champion built wheels.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by explody pup
I'd recommend just cutting holes in your shirt and exposing your nipples. She'll dig it. Maybe even do the same thing.
That would be wonderful.

I have an old Sugoi jersey I can cut up.

I'll take the pockets off, and make some "air holes."
56/12 and 22/28 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.