Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Marathon E-Plus or HS 440?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-21, 06:45 PM
late

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12192 Post(s)
Liked 1,496 Times in 1,108 Posts

The tire has to be a 38c, I'd prefer a bigger tire, but that is one of the mistakes the guys made that made my e-bike. They don't make e-bikes any more.

Anyway..

I have narrowed it down to the Schwalbe E-plus or the HS 440 which used to be their top touring tire. The 440 has 10% less rolling resistance, and but also slightly less flat resistance. The E-Plus is a newer design, but heavier.

I'm leaning toward the E-Plus.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with either of these tires.

https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_t...arathon_E-Plus
Old 01-08-21, 07:41 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 622 Posts
Not in 38c, but had excellent service from a 26" Marathon Plus on the rear of a 1000w hub drive.
Old 01-08-21, 07:59 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
my bike came wit them. I got three fats in a month but none after I don't know if the slime or Stans helped or what. the front has gone over 7000 miles so far. I destroyed thew rear wheel when a strap caught in the rear spokes and the wheel locked at 30mph.
Old 01-09-21, 05:22 AM
late

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 12192 Post(s)
Liked 1,496 Times in 1,108 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie

My bike came with them. I got three flats in a month but none after I don't know if the slime or Stans helped or what. the front has gone over 7000 miles so far. I destroyed the rear wheel when a strap caught in the rear spokes and the wheel locked at 30mph.
When you say them, which tire do you mean? My bike came with the Energizer Plus HS 492, and I had a flat, and then damage that destroyed the rear tire. The rear tire didn't last a thousand miles.
Old 01-09-21, 08:55 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
Originally Posted by late
When you say them, which tire do you mean? My bike came with the Energizer Plus HS 492, and I had a flat, and then damage that destroyed the rear tire. The rear tire didn't last a thousand miles.
the marathon plus. I maybe hard 3000 miles on it when I locked the rear wheel up so I don't know how long it will go. but the front looks fine I ride the bike hard I put 6500 miles on it in a year. lots of hard braking. we got about 3000 on the energize plus on our tandem then got a flat. it was getting thin on the back ands I had the tire off so I replaced it.