Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Vintage Pinarello Montello - Value

Old 08-31-20, 10:58 AM
knocksteaady

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vintage Pinarello Montello - Value

Saw this listing for a Pinarello Montello in pristine condition, with Shimano 105 groupset. Any idea on value? Seller is looking for 475.

Photos can be seen here: imgur (dot) com /a/2V0T0iU . I would post photos directly but have just joined the forum and am not able to do so.

Appreciate everyone's help in advance.
Old 08-31-20, 12:32 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Montello typically didn't have top tube cable tunnels, at least not those in the North American market place. Also, Pinarello, even non-ridden ones, typically shed their decals, badly, This is enough to make me cautious, without better pictures for verification.
Old 08-31-20, 01:39 PM
knocksteaady

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Montello typically didn't have top tube cable tunnels, at least not those in the North American market place. Also, Pinarello, even non-ridden ones, typically shed their decals, badly, This is enough to make me cautious, without better pictures for verification.
In terms of making you cautious, are you referring to the fact that it’s not necessarily a Pinarello? As well, after a bit more research, this seems to be an Asolo, Veneto, or Record and not a Montello.

Last edited by knocksteaady; 08-31-20 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-01-20, 12:17 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,747 Times in 937 Posts
I cannot get the images to show, however...

Shimano 105 suggests, to me, something like this Pinarello that I picked up a year or two ago. I got thee bike for a hundred bucks, CND and would let it go for $400.00 CND. Not sure how to appraise the OP's bike since I cannot see the pictures. I think I will take it out for a spin, later today, assuming their are no trees felled across my driveway. Had to chop and move one yesterday. Today, gotta clean up the Popular mess. Anyway, my Pinarello...
Old 09-01-20, 12:22 AM
knocksteaady

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa
I cannot get the images to show, however...

Shimano 105 suggests, to me, something like this Pinarello that I picked up a year or two ago. I got thee bike for a hundred bucks, CND and would let it go for $400.00 CND. Not sure how to appraise the OP's bike since I cannot see the pictures. I think I will take it out for a spin, later today, assuming their are no trees felled across my driveway. Had to chop and move one yesterday. Today, gotta clean up the Popular mess. Anyway, my Pinarello...
The one I'm looking at looks just like yours, chromed forks and chromed chainstay. what model is yours and how much did you obtain it for?
Old 09-01-20, 12:34 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

imgur (dot) com /a/2V0T0iU
I paid a hundred dollars Canadian, for the bike. The model is not marked on the bike, but I believe it to be a Pinarello Dolemite...
Old 09-01-20, 05:30 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
The pictures are inadequate for determining a legitimate Pinarello. The components are of mixed levels and generations. It's obviously been rebuilt to an extent, whatever it is.
Old 09-01-20, 06:48 AM
randyjawa 

I still cannot see the pictures. What am I doing wrong??