Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Not off to a good start with ENVE 3.4 disc!

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 05:17 PM
Billy1111

Bikes: Canyon Aeroad, Parlee ESX, Factor o2,Colnago CX Zero Disc,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

so i figured I'd treat myself and picked up some 3.4 discs direct from ENVE. I am coming from $500 yoeleo chinese 37mm carbons, which have been fine for the past year, the only thing I could fault on them was the rear hub rotor mount was slightly out of true which causes the rotor not to spin perfectly straight but i was able to adjust the rear disc to get by.
So I had the extra coin and figured screw it Ill get me some ENVE's. got them today and the first thing that captures my eye is the inner wheel where the spokes go in looks like someone used some 80 grit sandpiper on sections of of the 45mm and the 35 mm has a slight raise from the mold I guess....so one rim has the seam raise butchered off it and the other wheel had a slight raise with even finish all around. I call up ENVE and the guy is like no problem lets get a new pair out to you and get these back.He then asks me what is my dealer name, I told him Im not a dealer a normal customer who bought them off the site. He then tells me Sorry send some photos in and we will get back to you!!!! So im not a dealer then all of a sudden get treated like a piece of crap....i should just send their friggin wheeels back and stick to my 500 chinese carbons...I thought dropping 3k on some wheels you would get better crap then this!!
Old 04-05-16, 05:26 PM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by Billy1111
I call up ENVE and the guy is like no problem lets get a new pair out to you and get these back.He then asks me what is my dealer name, I told him Im not a dealer a normal customer who bought them off the site. He then tells me Sorry send some photos in and we will get back to you!!!! So im not a dealer then all of a sudden get treated like a piece of crap....i should just send their friggin wheeels back and stick to my 500 chinese carbons...I thought dropping 3k on some wheels you would get better crap then this!!
You can't see why ENVE is giving you a problem?

Really?
Old 04-05-16, 05:28 PM
Billy1111

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
You can't see why ENVE is giving you a problem?

Really?
yes I am REALLY am that stupid.....I cant see why
Old 04-05-16, 05:34 PM
noodle soup

they might want to have a look at the problem, not just take your word for it.
Old 04-05-16, 05:36 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
I want you on my team!
Old 04-05-16, 05:39 PM
Billy1111

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
they might want to have a look at the problem, not just take your word for it.
whether I am a dealer or not, if i'm unhappy with the finished product they're going back one way or another.....they should have just got the return and replacement going instead of wasting more of my time...
Old 04-05-16, 05:49 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
whether I am a dealer or not, if i'm unhappy with the finished product they're going back one way or another.....they should have just got the return and replacement going instead of wasting more of my time...
Are you really that obtuse to not see the difference between the interactions with a dealer and a customer?
Old 04-05-16, 06:08 PM
Sidney Porter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 2 Posts
Did you send the photos? Did he say ir did 6ou ask how long it will take to review?

Seems reasonable thar they have different procedures for wholesale and retail but that should have been screened at the beginning so you didn't get switch to the other type of cilustomer midstream
Old 04-05-16, 06:33 PM
Essex

Bikes: Tarmac, Focus Urban 8, Giant Hybrid

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This company should be treating you the same way as they would a dealer. And the company should understand that a retail client may, or may not react the same way as a dealer. That said - I would do everything the company asks me to do in the interim + not do ANYTHING with the wheel lest they find (ENVE) a reason not to refund you, or replace in totality. At the end of the day the client (if unsatisfied) with product should be able to get a the very least a full replacement wheel.
Old 04-05-16, 06:40 PM
noodle soup

Originally Posted by redlude97
Are you really that obtuse to not see the difference between the interactions with a dealer and a customer?
It appears that way to me.
Old 04-05-16, 06:45 PM
noodle soup

Originally Posted by Essex
This company should be treating you the same way as they would a dealer. And the company should understand that a retail client may, or may not react the same way as a dealer. That said - I would do everything the company asks me to do in the interim + not do ANYTHING with the wheel lest they find (ENVE) a reason not to refund you, or replace in totality. At the end of the day the client (if unsatisfied) with product should be able to get a the very least a full replacement wheel.
wrong.

I'm guessing that ENVE wants to see the issue first hand, or have a dealer show them the defective part.
Old 04-05-16, 06:45 PM
RJM
I'm doing it wrong.

Bikes: Rivendell Appaloosa, Rivendell Frank Jones Sr., Trek Fuel EX9, Kona Jake the Snake CR, Niner Sir9

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 9742 Post(s)
Liked 2,812 Times in 1,664 Posts
Why not take some pictures and send them to ENVE? I don't honestly get the problem you are having. Just send the pictures to them and you will probably get an action on the return process.

An ENVE dealer already has a relationship with the company and so they are going to have different return policies with them.
Old 04-05-16, 06:50 PM
Billy1111

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97

yes I am, I think I should be treated exactly the same as the dealer!! My money is just as good as theirs! Its sad to think that you actually think its ok to be treated like a second class citizen!!
Old 04-05-16, 06:54 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Totally agree. I don't see what difference it makes if you are an end user or dealer.
Old 04-05-16, 07:02 PM
Sidney Porter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 2 Posts
This thread is useless without pictures
Old 04-05-16, 07:05 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
It sounds like Enve was going to ship a new pair and expect the old returned to them. Now let's say this individual customer was dishonest and nothing was wrong with the first pair. Now the customer gets two sets for the price of one. What recouse does Enve have?
Old 04-05-16, 07:13 PM
grwoolf

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Enve has a pretty good reputation For customer support. If the guy was rude or something, I'd understand getting upset. It seems totally reasonable to me that enve would have different policies for dealers vs customers. That doesn't mean they can treat you bad, but it seems reasonable for them to go through extra steps to evaluate the issue.

You can debate the expertise of the typical bike shop worker, but it's probably higher that the average expertise of the typical end customer.

If you have an issue with your wheels, I'd bet that enve will take care of you.
Old 04-05-16, 07:19 PM
Essex

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wrong.

I'm guessing that ENVE wants to see the issue first hand, or have a dealer show them the defective part.
Wrong. Your guessing doesn't equate to fact. So far, no one has facts other than ENVE, or the buyer. At the end of the day if ENVE is selling directly to the public they should have at the very least some level of customer service. So, if the buyer is unhappy with their purchase they do have some level of legal protection for unused, or defective product.
Old 04-05-16, 07:23 PM
PepeM

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 59 Posts
If they had asked for pictures without mentioning the dealer thing, would you be mad? If the answer is no, then what difference does it make? If it is bothering you so much then return the wheels. Otherwise send the pictures and see what they say, does not sound like too crazy of a request to me.
Old 04-05-16, 07:25 PM
noodle soup

You
Originally Posted by Essex
Wrong. Your guessing doesn't equate to fact. So far, no one has facts other than ENVE, or the buyer. At the end of the day if ENVE is selling directly to the public they should have at the very least some level of customer service. So, if the buyer is unhappy with their purchase they do have some level of legal protection for unused, or defective product.
you don't know what you think you do. i
Old 04-05-16, 07:28 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
It sounds like Enve was going to ship a new pair and expect the old returned to them. Now let's say this individual customer was dishonest and nothing was wrong with the first pair. Now the customer gets two sets for the price of one. What recouse does Enve have?
In my industry some vendors send the part only after the customer returns the suspected defective part. The other option is send in advance - the vendor will send the part in advance but requires a credit card number in case the end customer does not return the defective.

There's really no reason why Enve couldn't ask the OP for a credit card number and send out new wheels, advising that the old wheels must be returned in X days and in new condition or the OP would be debited.

Enve markets themselves as the Lexus of wheels. I would expect better from them for a $3k set of wheels.
Old 04-05-16, 07:30 PM
Essex

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Youyou don't know what you think you do. i
English please.
Old 04-05-16, 07:31 PM
RJM
I'm doing it wrong.

Bikes: Rivendell Appaloosa, Rivendell Frank Jones Sr., Trek Fuel EX9, Kona Jake the Snake CR, Niner Sir9

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 9742 Post(s)
Liked 2,812 Times in 1,664 Posts
yes I am, I think I should be treated exactly the same as the dealer!! My money is just as good as theirs! Its sad to think that you actually think its ok to be treated like a second class citizen!!
Your dealer already has a relationship with ENVE and will probably get a new set of wheels shipped to them without getting the old/damaged ones back, but you don't have that relationship. You, being an individual, will probably have to send the wheels back before they ship a new one out and they just want to see pictures of the problem probably just to verify it actually is a problem.
Old 04-05-16, 07:35 PM
Essex

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
In my industry some vendors send the part only after the customer returns the suspected defective part. The other option is send in advance - the vendor will send the part in advance but requires a credit card number in case the end customer does not return the defective.

There's really no reason why Enve couldn't ask the OP for a credit card number and send out new wheels, advising that the old wheels must be returned in X days and in new condition or the OP would be debited.

Enve markets themselves as the Lexus of wheels. I would expect better from them for a $3k set of wheels.
Agreed. 3K is a fair amount of coin. I would expect Lexus, or even Toyota-level care & consideration irrespective of how the end user (retail buyer) might react to their initial perception of possible less-than-stellar product.
Old 04-05-16, 07:38 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
Originally Posted by RJM
Your dealer already has a relationship with ENVE and will probably get a new set of wheels shipped to them without getting the old/damaged ones back, but you don't have that relationship. You, being an individual, will probably have to send the wheels back before they ship a new one out and they just want to see pictures of the problem probably just to verify it actually is a problem.
This. I don't see what the problem is here. It takes a few seconds to take photos and send them to Enve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.