Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

CUBE Cross Pro 2020

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

CUBE Cross Pro 2020

Old 08-04-20, 03:34 AM
spicytomato

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CUBE Cross Pro 2020

Hello!

This is my first post here and I hope I chose the most appropriate forum section.
So, a few months ago, after having been relatively inactive due to injuries and laziness, I started doing all kinds of sports activities again.
Long story short, this led me to purchasing my first ever bike during my adulthood. This exact bike - CUBE Cross Pro 2020 (can't post links yet, but you can find the exact bike on CUBE European site).
Now, maybe I should have devoted more research for the purchase but generally I am satisfied with it.

I ride ~80% paved roads and the rest is non-paved trails, pathways etc.

I want to get into bikepacking. Of course, I will not start with a week long ride right away, but still - if some of you, experienced bikers, have a look at the components, what would you immediately replace even if I just want to start with weekend long trips (about 30-40 miles per day, I guess)??

I was told by CUBE support that the max. permissible structural weight is 115 kg, meaning - my weight 85 kg + bike 13 kg, which leaves about 17 kg (~37 lbs) of room for gear.

Having googled a bit, I figure I should first get stronger rims (also, meaning stronger freehubs)? Any other suggestions?

I want my first bike to last long.
Thanks in advance.

P.s. Most I have ridden in one go was 40 miles, most of that being forest trails (pretty solid, no jumps of course). Also, already ordered hybrid pedals since I realized I would love to be able to secure my feet at times with cycling shoes). So, in general, the bike is comfortable enough for various terrain.

Last edited by spicytomato; 08-04-20 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old 08-04-20, 06:51 AM
subgrade

Bikes: Focus Crater Lake

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 204 Posts
Nothing to replace there, it's a very well specced bike with RockShox Pragon fork and Shimano XT drivetrain - what else could you want on a hybrid? Paragon is considered to be the best hybrid-specific fork available, and Shimano XT series is their second to top tier, only behind XTR which is primarily used for racing and generally offers the same performance as XT, just a bit lighter and a whole lot more expensive.
Also, 85kg + gear are hardly going to break any half-decent rim and these seem to be just that. From what I googled, they're not the lightest, but if you're looking to do bikepacking you need strong rather than light, and it seems these wheels should do fine. They're also tueless ready, should you decide to upgrade to tubeless setup.

Last edited by subgrade; 08-04-20 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-04-20, 07:46 AM
spicytomato

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by subgrade
Nothing to replace there, it's a very well specced bike with RockShox Pragon fork and Shimano XT drivetrain - what else could you want on a hybrid? Paragon is considered to be the best hybrid-specific fork available, and Shimano XT series is their second to top tier, only behind XTR which is primarily used for racing and generally offers the same performance as XT, just a bit lighter and a whole lot more expensive.
Also, 85kg + gear are hardly going to break any half-decent rim and these seem to be just that. From what I googled, they're not the lightest, but if you're looking to do bikepacking you need strong rather than light, and it seems these wheels should do fine. They're also tueless ready, should you decide to upgrade to tubeless setup.

Hey, thanks for the reply and clarificarion.
I couls be overthinking this too, since this is my first bike.