Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fixed Gear Freestyle
Reload this Page >

What bike is this?

Notices
Fixed Gear Freestyle Trickbikes and Freestylers, here's your home! Here, you can discuss the ins and outs of building and riding these bikes.

What bike is this?

Old 12-21-18, 03:21 PM
fixiefuji

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What bike is this?

Hello,

I just recently got into the world of cycling as I wanted to get to and from school in a shorter time than walking. After researching some types of commuter bikes I decided to go with a fixed gear bicycle since most of the roads in my area are flat and that I didn't need all the other gears. I just bought a used bike off of craigslist after doing some research; I have to say that I love the bike so far, it's in excellent shape, super light, and really fast. Problem is, I have no idea what model or brand it is. The seller said he bought it from a previous rider and claimed it was a 'track' bike. From the looks of it all I can confirm that it's a Fuji bike, or at least has a Fuji frame. I think it's made out of aluminum. It has both a freewheel and a fixed gear option.

I've never seen anything like it before and I cannot find anything related to it on the internet. The bike appears relatively stock aside from the handlebars (I think they're pursuit). Hopefully someone can determine the make of it, so I can get some peace of mind with what I'm riding. I only have the picture of it below as I am currently away from it. I can try to provide any additional information about it if necessary.

Side note: I paid $200CAD (about $150USD) for the bike and all. Was that a good deal?
Old 12-21-18, 03:22 PM
fixiefuji

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am having trouble adding a photo, it keeps telling me that I cannot add a URL despite the image being uploaded directly into the text.
Old 12-22-18, 12:01 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
I think you need 10 posts before you can add pics. Go to the new member section, introduce yourself and welcome 7 others.
Old 12-22-18, 01:42 AM
lkoyanagi

Bikes: Tern D7e

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fixiefuji
Hello,

I just recently got into the world of cycling as I wanted to get to and from school in a shorter time than walking. After researching some types of commuter bikes I decided to go with a fixed gear bicycle since most of the roads in my area are flat and that I didn't need all the other gears. I just bought a used bike off of craigslist after doing some research; I have to say that I love the bike so far, it's in excellent shape, super light, and really fast. Problem is, I have no idea what model or brand it is. The seller said he bought it from a previous rider and claimed it was a 'track' bike. From the looks of it all I can confirm that it's a Fuji bike, or at least has a Fuji frame. I think it's made out of aluminum. It has both a freewheel and a fixed gear option.

I've never seen anything like it before and I cannot find anything related to it on the internet. The bike appears relatively stock aside from the handlebars (I think they're pursuit). Hopefully someone can determine the make of it, so I can get some peace of mind with what I'm riding. I only have the picture of it below as I am currently away from it. I can try to provide any additional information about it if necessary.

Side note: I paid $200CAD (about $150USD) for the bike and all. Was that a good deal?
You can look at the bicycle blue book. Otherwise try inputting the serial number to internet and see what pops up. If it has been licensed, you may be able to trace info. Go to Fuji bike shops and ask. Asking a Forum is grasping. There different brands with the same generic frame. Look at some bike pictorial books in the library or bookstore. Query it online... Try Fuji and serial no.or look at Fuji frames online. Fuji's owner just filed for bankruptcy.
Old 12-23-18, 12:01 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Try a magnet on the frame. That will tell whether it is aluminum or steel. Fuji makes frames out of both.
Old 02-17-19, 11:16 AM
SteelyMan

Bikes: Steel is for real!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tugadude
try a magnet on the frame. That will tell whether it is aluminum or steel. Fuji makes frames out of both.
👍🏽
Old 02-18-19, 10:57 PM
lkoyanagi

Bikes: Tern D7e

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelyMan

👍🏽
You might want to try sending the serial number to Fuji to get any info.