Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

A good appetite suppressant?

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

A good appetite suppressant?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-08, 09:37 AM
Indyv8a

Bikes: Trek 800, Giant OCR C3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Machka
Calcium pill or TUMS ... will reduce menstrual cramps, PMS symptoms, and those pre-period munchies.

My appetite noticeably decreases when I'm taking calcium regularly.
Trucker, are you having menstrual difficulties?

I am certainly no expert, but I tend to agree with simple calories in calories out theories. Make sure your overall intake of food is less than your output of energy and you will continue to lose. Make sure your eating right (and we can let the debate begin on those theories as well) and be satisfied. I know nothing about appetite suppressants, and won't even guess.

Have you tried Webmd or sites like that? Have you discussed this situation with your doctor or a registered dietician? No offense to anyone on this forum, but some professional advice might clarify things for you.

Oh, and "Have a happy period." (perhaps the dumbest ad catchline ever!!!!)
Old 03-08-08, 10:23 AM
Billy Bones

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Trucker_JDub
. . . What do you do to keep the hunger feelings knocked down when you know your body has all the fuel you ned and you still feel like you haven't eaten in days?
I'll preface this post with the admission that as a 50+BF fugitive, I've fought this battle for decades.

All those “eat less possum”, “eat more possum”, "drink more schnapps”, “drink less schnapps”, “exercise like a gazelle outrunning a cheetah”, and “meditate like the Buddha” plans, make me feel like I'm looking at broom handle in a Turkish prison while Nazis scream High German at me. The whole scene makes me hungry.

My theory is that we gain weight purely out of habit. Consider: We average blokes have easy access to the tastiest, highest calorie foods in huge abundance in all of history. We are bombarded 24-7 with imagery and advertisement that entice us to indulge in the Worst Foods Ever Poured into 55-Gallon Drums. To top it off, we have free time in abundance to contemplate the tyranny of our biological food urge. We fall into bad habits by simple cultural gravity.

In support of this theory, consider how much weight you lost on your last really active holiday, like cycling, backpacking, or even sight-seeing on foot. In addition to the physical activity, these activities often require a tight regimen of eating and make late night snacking a little more difficult. Personally, I invariably come home after an active week having lost six pounds and feeling really good. Folks, I've lost weight in Italy!!! (Mind you, it was an active holiday there.)

My personal conclusion is we need to Break the Cycle by taking a really active holiday and (this is critical) keeping up those habits on return.
Old 03-08-08, 10:29 AM
gooch

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A can of warmed up chicken broth, with some pepper sprinkled in works good for satisfying and keeping the hunger demon away at bedtime for me. A can is like 50 calories.

Dave.
Old 03-10-08, 09:13 PM
EJ123
djentleman

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 66 Posts
PGX (PolyGlycopleX) Fiber.

Drink four of those behemoths and you're good to go.
Old 09-03-12, 08:58 AM
Steve4141
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Appetite suppressant) I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

Last edited by CbadRider; 09-07-12 at 02:05 PM. Reason: removed spam link
Old 09-03-12, 09:06 AM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3370 Post(s)
Liked 5,491 Times in 2,844 Posts
Hearing GOP campaign ads works for me.
Likes For Shimagnolo:
Old 09-03-12, 11:11 AM
DataJunkie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Last year I cut out simple carbs unless they were in fruit and kept my complex carbs at 40%. I found that eating more fat and protein kept me full longer.
Old 09-03-12, 11:27 PM
fordmanvt
Refrigerator Raider Hater

Bikes: 2008 Sequoia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
I think it's an old wive's tale that eating before bed will make you fat. I lost 100 pounds even though I ate a bedtime snack every night.
I started eating dinner 2 hours before bed and it killed my late night cravings. Easier for me to not snack during the afternoon than at night.
Old 09-04-12, 06:05 PM
Jfitalia

Bikes: Tarmac Apex

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dude this is a 4 year old thread
Old 09-04-12, 09:39 PM
DataJunkie

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
dude
Old 09-05-12, 08:47 AM
mr_pedro

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 48 Posts
@OP: I have found that if you eat the right things, you are able to keep the calories and the appetite down.
So for example for dinner I would measure 200 Cal of rice/pasta/potatoes, 150~200 Cal of lean meat (chicken or turkey breast,lean beef or fish) and add a good amount of vegetables. Together with some olive oil this gives a total of about 500 Cal that keeps you full for a long time. If you feel the need for a snack later on you can always get a piece of fruit or what also works nicely is nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashew) about 200 Cal of nuts and couple of glasses of water will keep your hunger down for a while.

-edit
Arggggggggh, just realized this is a 4 year old thread brought to live by some advertisement troll

Last edited by mr_pedro; 09-05-12 at 09:12 AM.