Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Market value for a Litespeed T6 105 Titanium bike?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 09-09-19, 09:51 AM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 88 Posts

What is the market value for a 6 month old Litespeed T6 105 bike

Bike is very clean and has no signs of wear and owner said he had only ridden 200 miles

EDIT: misread the ad the owner has only ridden it TWICE not 200 miles. So bike is pristine most likely

Last edited by Jrasero; 09-09-19 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-09-19, 10:10 AM
ridelikeaturtle

Bikes: Bianchi Ti Megatube; Colnago Competition; Planet-X EC-130E; Klein Pulse; Amp Research B4; Litespeed Catalyst; Trek Y11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 478 Times in 258 Posts
Unfortunately for the new-bike-buyer / current owner, but certainly this is to your benefit, I'd say MSRP less 20-40%, give or take. Bikes depreciate like nobody's business - at least they do in my local market, mostly because of the government-sponsored subsidized "bike to work" scheme on new bike purchases.

What was it new, about 2K? I'd say now it's 1300-1600 tops. It's a used bike now. Cash talks; unless there's people lining up to buy it, you could get a nice deal here. But if you really like it, you can't go far wrong (you won't be "overpaying" for it), it's a bulletproof frame material and a brilliant groupset.
Old 09-09-19, 10:15 AM
Jrasero

Litespeed for 2019 slightly revised the T6 and renamed it the T5 and that retails for $3525. You still can buy some build kits for the T5 online and the frame and fork go for $1500.

If we take 40% off MSRP that puts the bike used value at $2100 or so

I have offered $1850 shipped which I think is fair

EDIT:

just re-read the ad and misread it, the bike has supposedly been ridden only twice not 200 miles

At this point I have sent my offer and it has been accepted!

Hopefully I got a decent deal. This will be my every day banger since I was getting paranoid about scratching/cracking my carbon race bike on daily rides

Last edited by Jrasero; 09-09-19 at 10:28 AM.
Likes For Jrasero:
Old 09-09-19, 12:00 PM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 825 Posts
It is essentially new, and that price is what they were being sold for when they were closing them out. As far as the warranty goes, I doubt you'll have an issue and would not be surprise if Litespeed took care of you even though you aren't the original buyer. Their customer service is great. I think you'll like it. Let us know after you have ridden it.
Old 09-09-19, 12:52 PM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
Finding a bike that fits, made with the material you desire, essentially new and in pristine condition for a fair price....I'd say you got a great deal.

...and you have plenty of room on that steerer to tweak your position. It doesn't look like it has been cut at all.

Edit: Check the stem cap and carbon steerer expansion plug when you get it. If the stem cap is conical version like mine and you have an expansion plug that has a lip that sits ON TOP of the steerer......the top spacer currently on the bike (looks like 5mm) does not provide enough room to properly adjust your headset. A conical stem cap plus a 2mm lip from the expansion plug equals 5mm. Next you have to add 2-3mm to allow for headset adjustment. That total is 7-8mm which means there should be a 10mm top spacer. Just something to keep in mind. I'm sure it probably has a flat stem cap which is why it looks to have a 5mm top spacer.

Upon further inspection it doesn't look like there is any top spacer at all which means the expansion plug is well below the clamping portion of the stem. I would move the stem down and run one of the spacers up top. There appears to be three 10mm spacers below the stem which is fine (an expansion plug that sits on top of the steerer prevents any deformation by clamping forces. It's just more optimal to have the expansion plug centered within the clamping portion of the stem.

Last edited by jadocs; 09-09-19 at 01:07 PM.
Likes For jadocs:
Old 09-09-19, 01:08 PM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
It is essentially new, and that price is what they were being sold for when they were closing them out. As far as the warranty goes, I doubt you'll have an issue and would not be surprise if Litespeed took care of you even though you aren't the original buyer. Their customer service is great. I think you'll like it. Let us know after you have ridden it.
I see you have a T6? How do you like the bike? I was close to getting a used Lynksey R265 but it was going to be a small fortune to ship it. I almost pulled the trigger on a new R270 105 with hydraulics but Lynksey changed the geometry compared to the R265 and I am now in between a XS (too short) and S (too tall). I looked at a Motobecane Le Champion Ti which was pretty stacked with Ultegra but I found this Litespeed T6 for $150 less and to be frank while the Motobecane has to be one of the best bang for your bucks period I am still not sold on their decals which I probably would have scrubbed off anyways. Plus the Litespeed T6 geometry wise at under 29" stand over and a 52.5CM is spot on size wise for me, while the Motobecane has a TT that is a tad long so I might have had to shorten the stem, a $60 fix.
Old 09-09-19, 01:12 PM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrasero
I see you have a T6? How do you like the bike? I was close to getting a used Lynksey R265 but it was going to be a small fortune to ship it. I almost pulled the trigger on a new R270 105 with hydraulics but Lynksey changed the geometry compared to the R265 and I am now in between a XS (too short) and S (too tall). I looked at a Motobecane Le Champion Ti which was pretty stacked with Ultegra but I found this Litespeed T6 for $150 less and to be frank while the Motobecane has to be one of the best bang for your bucks period I am still not sold on their decals which I probably would have scrubbed off anyways. Plus the Litespeed T6 geometry wise at under 29" stand over and a 52.5CM is spot on size wise for me, while the Motobecane has a TT that is a tad long so I might have had to shorten the stem, a $60 fix.
I got an ML. I wish I had gotten an L. The ML is workable though. I am going to get a longer stem. That should help. I love the bike and I love the company.
Old 09-09-19, 01:16 PM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by jadocs
Finding a bike that fits, made with the material you desire, essentially new and in pristine condition for a fair price....I'd say you got a great deal.

...and you have plenty of room on that steerer to tweak your position. It doesn't look like it has been cut at all.

Edit: Check the stem cap and carbon steerer expansion plug when you get it. If the stem cap is conical version like mine and you have an expansion plug that has a lip that sits ON TOP of the steerer......the top spacer currently on the bike (looks like 5mm) does not provide enough room to properly adjust your headset. A conical stem cap plus a 2mm lip from the expansion plug equals 5mm. Next you have to add 2-3mm to allow for headset adjustment. That total is 7-8mm which means there should be a 10mm top spacer. Just something to keep in mind. I'm sure it probably has a flat stem cap which is why it looks to have a 5mm top spacer.

Upon further inspection it doesn't look like there is any top spacer at all which means the expansion plug is well below the clamping portion of the stem. I would move the stem down and run one of the spacers up top. There appears to be three 10mm spacers below the stem which is fine (an expansion plug that sits on top of the steerer prevents any deformation by clamping forces. It's just more optimal to have the expansion plug centered within the clamping portion of the stem.

Ok thanks for the advice. Would it be terrible to leave as is, or is this something critical and whoever assembled this messed up?
Old 09-09-19, 01:19 PM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
I got an ML. I wish I had gotten an L. The ML is workable though. I am going to get a longer stem. That should help. I love the bike and I love the company.
Thanks for the input. It seems the sale people at Lynksey and Litespeed are all easy to deal with IMO through my experience. Maybe it's the Southern charm. It's kind of funny reading some posts people debating Lynksey versus Litespeed...
Old 09-09-19, 01:20 PM
jadocs

Yeah the geometry is a little different. I usually run 52.5 to 53 ETT with a 110mm stem, but the geometry is a little different at least on my T2. My medium T2 has a 54cm ETT and I'm running a 120mm stem for the same fit. I had contemplated getting a small but that would have eventually led to running a 130mm stem.
Old 09-09-19, 01:21 PM
Jrasero

Better view of the stem
Old 09-09-19, 01:23 PM
jadocs

Ok thanks for the advice. Would it be terrible to leave as is, or is this something critical and whoever assembled this messed up?
You'll be fine, I'm just anal about making sure everything is optimized. Like I said the expansion plug probably sits on top of the steerer like mike which prevents any deformation under clamping forces.
Old 09-09-19, 01:31 PM
jadocs

Here’s how mine is setup. It’s slammed (and steerer is cut), but running the 10mm top spacer for the reasons outlined above. If you slam your stem, I would advise running a 2.5mm spacer on the bottom to ensure proper contact all the way around your headset and your stem.
Old 09-09-19, 01:32 PM
Jrasero

Here’s how mine is setup. It’s slammed (and steerer is cut), but running the 10mm top spacer for the reasons outlined above. If you slam your stem, I would advise running a 2.5mm spacer on the bottom to ensure proper contact all the way around your headset and your stem.
oh ok so you are saying there should be a space up top?

also are those wine corks on your handlebar ends? lol
Old 09-09-19, 01:35 PM
jadocs

oh ok so you are saying there should be a space up top?

also are those wine corks on your handlebar ends? lol
Optimally spacer on top to center the expansion plug to your steerer, yes

....and yes lol
Old 09-09-19, 01:39 PM
Jrasero

Optimally spacer on top to center the expansion plug to your steerer, yes

....and yes lol
ok, thanks again for the advice. I am also paranoid but crushing any kind of carbon so I probably will do that

They work great as plugs lol
Old 09-09-19, 06:32 PM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
I got the same one new on closeout six months ago for $1,899 shipped.
Finding it almost new for the same price six months later is good luck indeed.
Enjoy!
Old 09-09-19, 06:36 PM
DanBell

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Not to go all off topic, but I use wine corks as well. They work much better than the plastic endcaps that come with bartape, and they're free, which as anyone will tell you is a lot cheaper than fancy aftermarket screw in endcaps. They also look cooler.
Old 09-09-19, 07:49 PM
jadocs

Originally Posted by DanBell
Not to go all off topic, but I use wine corks as well. They work much better than the plastic endcaps that come with bartape, and they're free, which as anyone will tell you is a lot cheaper than fancy aftermarket screw in endcaps. They also look cooler.
A lot lighter too. The SuperCaz bar end plugs that came with the tape are like boat anchors.
Old 09-09-19, 07:59 PM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
awesome. now buy some wheels!
Old 09-10-19, 04:50 PM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4729 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 1,001 Posts
Looks like a good amount of corrosion and paint chipping....

not

Better view of the stem
Old 09-10-19, 06:00 PM
Illgot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Litespeed for 2019 slightly revised the T6 and renamed it the T5 and that retails for $3525. You still can buy some build kits for the T5 online and the frame and fork go for $1500.

If we take 40% off MSRP that puts the bike used value at $2100 or so

I have offered $1850 shipped which I think is fair

EDIT:

just re-read the ad and misread it, the bike has supposedly been ridden only twice not 200 miles

At this point I have sent my offer and it has been accepted!

Hopefully I got a decent deal. This will be my every day banger since I was getting paranoid about scratching/cracking my carbon race bike on daily rides
Nice deal and looks like a small frame which is what size I am and can never find.
Old 09-11-19, 03:55 PM
jadocs

Let us know when you get it!
Old 09-19-19, 09:09 AM
Jrasero

got the bike and everything seems great so far however one of the bottle cage rivets spins

Spinning rivet

is this an easy cheap fix for a LBS? Will they drill out the rivet or just tighten it up? It shouldn't damage the titanium?

your advise is appreciated

Thanks
Old 09-28-19, 01:00 PM
Jrasero

Finally got my bike back from a local Litespeed dealer that was 45 minutes away. At first the owner was freaking me out since he made it out to seem that replacing a rivnut was like brain surgery and claimed that the spinning rivnut wasn't a Litespeed one which set off my BS detector and fired up my anti LBS sentiment. Either way after I insisted to just use a standard aluminium M5 rivnut and he then completed the job within 20 minutes. So coming from carbon bikes Ti has been a treat. Those small bumps or imperfection that I would avoid on a carbon bike I plowed throw on the T6 and even with only 25mm tires compared to the 28mm I used to run on the ride was supple yet by no means floaty. I sold my 2017 Scott Addict 20 Disc for this bike and the transition has been a slight mixed bag. One I miss the internal cable routing of the Addict, downgraded from Ultegra to 105, hydraulic dic to 105 rim brake, 11-28 to 11-25. However the transition down to 105 hasn't been a big deal and has cemented 105 as one of the best bang for your buck groupsets. I truly do miss the disc brakes but I will admit they add cost and weight to any bike and maintenance is a lot more expensive. The few things I will change are probably the white tape since it already is getting dirtier than I would like after only one ride and I will probably switch to a 11-28 cassette.

Listen carbon bikes are great but they aren't for everyone. I literally would freak out over every spill or chip I got on a carbon bike. I am not saying Ti is unbreakable but not having any paint to worry about and have a less of a chance of cracking the frame but my mind to ease.
Likes For Jrasero:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.