Search this Thread

Old 07-25-20, 05:35 PM
sanmateoclimber

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Bike Hut Classic

Just figured I'd post this here for any Bay Area folks looking for a vaguely social experience on two wheels. Good climb, good cause, cool shirt.

https://abundantgracecoastsideworker...AB3py-6tKj6ud0

Happy trails, y'all.
Likes For sanmateoclimber:
Old 08-26-20, 12:38 AM
Phil MacFarlane

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey cool thanks for posting this. Just had surgery on my right knee today haven't been able to ride for two months. This is the perfect inspiration and timing I need. My girl and I just signed up!
Old 08-28-20, 11:14 PM
shrimp123

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts
can some verify if the roads are open? more specifically head out from Woodside on Kings Mountain and come back on the bike hut classic.
concerned due to fires in that general area and coming from far east bay can take time!
Old 09-01-20, 11:44 AM
sanmateoclimber

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by shrimp123
can some verify if the roads are open? more specifically head out from Woodside on Kings Mountain and come back on the bike hut classic.
concerned due to fires in that general area and coming from far east bay can take time!
Kings Mountain is definitely open. I rode it last Thursday while there was a break in the smoke, and there were other folks out there. The current road closures still listed for San Mateo County are all further South. The facebook page for "The Bike Hut" put out an update over the weekend; they are extending the "ride window" through 9/20 (they originally set this up with a 9/15 cutoff.) I'm glad to see this is moving forward and that the community is starting to heal... I just hope the conditions will actually clear up enough to get people out there. Air quality so far has definitely kept rides out to the coast off the table for me.
Old 09-02-20, 12:46 PM
shrimp123

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts
thanks. might get to it next week - fingers crossed