Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

got a good workout this morning. well at least for me.

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 09-07-20, 10:08 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts

Now that I can see how much I am working and the bike I can really adjust the assist level to keep my effort as high as I can handle. the problem is with Bosch is the tour level is 100% and its too much now but eco mode is a bit low 25% if I want a good workout in tour (that's what I have been using) I think I would have to maintain about 25mph that's hard in the city and I like to keep it around 22. on eco mode that's around 20mph or so. this ride was one of the best ones I have had but being in eco mode instead of around 18mph average in the city I only got 15.9 mph average. so a bit of a bummer but nto a big deal. Plus I started in tour but dropped that down to eco when I realized I could work that hard today. Plus I need to get into the habit of dropping assist down on any downward slope to keep the workout more even. my ride has very little actual flats in it. Now I could do a 18% grade in tour instead of sport or turbo. green is eco blue tour and gray off. I would have had less tour if I started out without it but hey its a start.

Old 09-08-20, 05:07 PM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
Too bad Bosch doesn't let users reprogram the assist levels. Super nice feature on my Bafang. Only need a $19 cable, can store profiles on my PC and change them as I see fit.

The graphics on that display looks like my 401k summary.
Old 09-08-20, 07:01 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Too bad Bosch doesn't let users reprogram the assist levels. Super nice feature on my Bafang. Only need a $19 cable, can store profiles on my PC and change them as I see fit.

The graphics on that display looks like my 401k summary.
ya its needed but other then that is a great system. I think I would have to keep the speed on tour to around 24mph to get my wattage up there. but it varies so much with every little slope. I have to know the assist Leven down or off on any downhill to keep my wattage up. but I think I have to tone it down a bit I am wearing myself out.