Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Torpado Troubles - Opinions Needed!

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Torpado Troubles - Opinions Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-18, 10:07 AM
Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
Good now? Or stil need adjusting?
Cheers, Eric

A Torpado was the first bike I ever raced on, back in 1974,
Old 08-27-18, 09:12 PM
bfuser284953024

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You old timer! What model did you have? I'm a little in love with my 1985. Though, not to share my true age, the 1985 is older than me... by over half a decade!

I took her for a spin on Saturday, down to the waterfront in Rhode Island. The new bars seems to be doing the trick. In fact, I ended up taking 6th place overall for a long segment on Strava! Beat my own time by well over a few minutes.
Once I get the chance, I'll get some photos of myself with the new bars, but much comfier. I feel much more confident. The brake levers fitting my hands makes the biggest difference, to be honest.

Old 09-02-18, 12:36 AM
Bahnzo

Bikes: 1986 Schwinn Passage, 2006 Giant OCR3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hannathing
The brake levers fitting my hands makes the biggest difference, to be honest.
I've got an 1986 Schwinn and I can relate there completely. Those old hoods are just so uncomfortable. They are so "sharp" and are impossible to set your hands on when riding without them feeling pinched. I like the ones you replaced them with and I'm planning on doing the same here eventually. What brake levers are those?

Congrats on feeling better. It makes all the difference, but then you'll always be messing with it over time.
Old 09-02-18, 05:28 PM
bfuser284953024

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I've got an 1986 Schwinn and I can relate there completely. Those old hoods are just so uncomfortable. They are so "sharp" and are impossible to set your hands on when riding without them feeling pinched. I like the ones you replaced them with and I'm planning on doing the same here eventually. What brake levers are those?

Congrats on feeling better. It makes all the difference, but then you'll always be messing with it over time.
They're Tektro RL320s - https://www.tektro.com/products.php?p=206 they're actually meant for a teen's bike! It seems the site I ordered them from is down, but I got them here Wiggle | Tektro RL320 Junior Road Racing Brake Levers | Brake Levers
Old 09-02-18, 11:06 PM
Bahnzo

Bikes: 1986 Schwinn Passage, 2006 Giant OCR3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hannathing
They're Tektro RL320s - https://www.tektro.com/products.php?p=206 they're actually meant for a teen's bike! It seems the site I ordered them from is down, but I got them here Wiggle | Tektro RL320 Junior Road Racing Brake Levers | Brake Levers
Thanks. That's the second time I've asked someone what their brake levers were, and told, Tektro. I guess I need to put some on the wish list.