Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Salutations from the Island of Puerto Rico

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-11, 10:11 AM
Juan el Boricua

Bikes: 1980's Royce Union "fixed wheel", 1995 Trek 370, 406 -wheeled " shopper/minivelo"for running errands, SS Raleigh M60

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 46 Posts

Greetings from the Enchanted Island of Puerto Rico; Saludos y un abrazo desde Borinquen! I'm from San Juan, PR, and I've been on a bike since the age of 6. First little cruisers, then BMX. Back to cruisers and mountain bikes (remember the Muddy Fox in neon green?!?!), and then road. Recently SS/fix. At 41, I'm still a kid who likes tinkering, so I have: 80's Diamond Back MTB converted to SS; 1995 Trek 370; 1968 Royce Union road bike converted to fix gear; 2009 Huffy "MTB"for running errands. I enjoy Sunday rides from Rio Piedras down to Loiza, and enjoy bacalaitos and alcapurrias with agua de coco or beer (cod fish fritters, plantain fritter filled with minced and spiced beef, and coconut water drank from the coconut, so you know the lingo), which might explain my "Clydesdale figure". Anyhow, salutations, and a warm welcome to all who will visit us anytime soon!
Old 09-26-11, 02:38 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Hello Juan,

Welcome to Bike Forums.

Your intro sure did made me hungry.

Old 10-05-11, 12:37 PM
Juan el Boricua

Bikes: 1980's Royce Union "fixed wheel", 1995 Trek 370, 406 -wheeled " shopper/minivelo"for running errands, SS Raleigh M60

Well 10Wheels, you're more than welcome to enjoy our "delicacies",so be sure to register for the 2012 "Vuelta a Puerto Rico" (Tour of Puerto Rico), to be held in January. Coastal rides; great food; unbelievable times. You (and anyone interested) can check it out or register at www.vueltapr.com. Cheers!
Old 12-31-11, 06:02 PM
Ricanfred

Bikes: Yes, I ride an aluminum Trek!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Doing the Vuleta is one of my future goals as well as a dream. Not ready for it yet; maybe in 2013. https://www.bicycling.com/news/featur...nt-puerto-rico
Old 01-01-12, 02:20 AM
1nterceptor
LET'S ROLL

Bikes: 2014 BMC Gran Fondo, 2013 Brompton S6L-X

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Hola! I'm also 41 years old and coming from
the tropical islands of the Philippines; I also
like coconut juice(as well as the meat)
Feliz Ano Nuevo - Happy New Year!
Old 01-04-12, 07:16 PM
Juan el Boricua

Thanks, and Happy New Year to all. For my Boricuan friends, Feliz dia de Reyes!!! Having a great time; temperatures hovering aroun 76 degrees humidity not more than 60% in San Juan, not much rain. Can't beat that for nice riding in the Island! Been out on the fixie, and thinking of getting a new project (remember, N+1!) ... How about a mini velo! Has to be homemade, and cheap !!! we'll see what comes out! This year I won't be able to attend the Vuelta Well people, thanks for sharing my new year's ponderations. See you soon!
Old 01-04-12, 07:42 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
¡Buenos Dias y Prospero Nuevo Año, y dar la bienvenida a los foros!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 04-03-12, 09:08 PM
FRED CASTRO

Bikes: JAMIS EXPLORER HYBRID,RALEIGH CADENT, RALEIGH ROAD, DIAMONDBACK SORRENTO (MTN)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am from Ponce, PR. Long ago. I moved to SoFla in '58. I too am a clydesdale. Need to lose 60 and will soon get started. I ride Raleighs: 2009 Cadent FT2, flat bar road bike with 24 speeds. Also have a '94 RT500 roadie, lightweight 60CM. Looking for riders in Northern Palm Beach county to ride Jupiter Island to Hobe Sound & back to Jupiter Beach. Love the Boriqua food! We don't have PR restaurants in Palm Beach county (that I know of). As a boy of 14 I used to ride to Adjuntas from Ponce on a single speed with hub brake only. It was possible if you hooked up to a slow truck (uphill). Fred Castro, Jupiter, FL