Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Juniors Racing (All Disciplines)
Reload this Page >

I want to get into racing.

Search
Notices
Juniors Racing (All Disciplines) Entry level and/or 23 and younger here's where yo can mix and learn.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-14, 08:26 PM
pseghesio

Bikes: Trek Domane 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all I'm pretty new to cycling, and have fallen in love with it. I recently purchased the 2014 Trek Domane 2.0 and it's treating me very well thus far. I'm 23 and have grown up playing sports, so I am a fairly competitive guy and am in rather good shape. I just have a few questions. 1) I am interested in maybe participating in racing down the road when I become more comfortable with riding. I'm not too sure where to start though. Can someone point me to some common cycling programs? Also, if I do get into racing, would the Trek Domane 2.0 do well in racing conditions? Should I start out by doing charity rides? groups?
Old 04-10-14, 06:39 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by pseghesio
Hi all I'm pretty new to cycling, and have fallen in love with it. I recently purchased the 2014 Trek Domane 2.0 and it's treating me very well thus far. I'm 23 and have grown up playing sports, so I am a fairly competitive guy and am in rather good shape. I just have a few questions. 1) I am interested in maybe participating in racing down the road when I become more comfortable with riding. I'm not too sure where to start though. Can someone point me to some common cycling programs? Also, if I do get into racing, would the Trek Domane 2.0 do well in racing conditions? Should I start out by doing charity rides? groups?
Location? Country and state (if in the US) greatly affects what's available to future racers.

Also, not that you'd know it, but Juniors is for under 18. You can post in the regular "33" racing forum, you'll get more views and responses there.

Your bike should be fine.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Old 04-10-14, 08:26 AM
pseghesio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=carpediemracing;16658211]Location? Country and state (if in the US) greatly affects what's available to future racers.

Also, not that you'd know it, but Juniors is for under 18. You can post in the regular "33" racing forum, you'll get more views and responses there.

Your bike should be I'm in California, specifically in Sonoma county and San Luis Obispo County. And thanks for the pointer, I'll give the 33 racing a whirl
Old 04-10-14, 08:49 AM
carpediemracing 

^ I think there's a BFer that's literally in SLO so you'll be good. Lots of races and such out in CA.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Old 04-10-14, 06:39 PM
pseghesio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
^ I think there's a BFer that's literally in SLO so you'll be good. Lots of races and such out in CA.
Newbie question, but what's a BFer?
Old 04-10-14, 08:19 PM
carpediemracing 

Someone from bike forums. BF = bike forums.