Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Sports Instruments

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Sports Instruments

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-03, 11:44 AM
fubar5
0^0

Bikes: Redline Monocog,Surly Crosscheck, Lemond Reno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sports Instruments

Does anybody use an SI heart rate monitor? My new Sigma is starting to piss me off. It was nice for a week, then the functions started getting annoying because they were preventing accuracy.
Old 06-14-03, 05:47 PM
Bigwheel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Almost 2 months later....

I've been using a Sports Instruments HR 90 for about 2 weeks, it's been working well with no problems. So far, it's been accurate...it doesn't do anything weird or unusual. With only two buttons that scroll through different modes and minimal features, it's easy to use.

It's a very basic HR monitor, you can set high and low targets and the screen will flash, not beep, when you're above or below. At the end of the ride it can show you how much time you spent above, below and in the set zone.
Old 06-14-03, 08:33 PM
markevans999

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
have the ECG-3 model and it's great. got mine on ebay for $30.00. there's a bunch of them on ebay right now with a full description of it's features. had mine about 9 months. i even swim with it on. absolutley no problems so far.
Old 07-24-03, 11:32 AM
firebolt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by fubar5
Does anybody use an SI heart rate monitor? My new Sigma is starting to piss me off. It was nice for a week, then the functions started getting annoying because they were preventing accuracy.
fubar5,

You don't recommend Sigma HRM then? I was going to get one until I read your post. Can you tell me more about your problem with it?