Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Dahon MU ??

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Dahon MU ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-13, 08:29 PM
Still Pedaling

Bikes: Brompton and Dahon Curve D3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dahon MU ??

My wife and I were out today and stopped into Landis Cyclery here in Tempe AZ. I looked at a beautiful Dahon bike that is a mystery to me now. All I remember is that it had 16" wheels, an 8 speed internal hub, nice chrome folding pedals and that it was labeled MU something or other. Man, my brain box. I so fell in love with the bike and its awesome quality that I failed to make a mental note of the model. It also had very thin road bike type slick (non tread) tires. The price tag was $977. Can anyone perhaps identify it? I couldn't find it on the Dahon website, but I did notice an 8 speed internal geared MU N360, but it had 20" wheels and not 16". It really is a mystery. Do they have other models that are perhaps not indicated on their website?

I'll have to wait until Tuesday to call them. This bike was a 1000% better quality than the 20" Adventure model that I bought, but then again there is a lot of difference between the $190 I paid for mine and the $977 that they want for the Dahon. Man, there are times when I wish I was a member of the "Heavy Wallet Brigade". At least I know what I would like to save up for.

Cheers
Wayne
Old 08-31-13, 09:28 PM
rtz549

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Browse over these:

https://www.nycewheels.com/dahon-folding-bike.html

https://www.thorusa.com/dahon/current.htm
Old 09-01-13, 12:15 AM
vmaniqui

Bikes: Dahon Speed TR and Dahon Speed Pro TT

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Still Pedaling
My wife and I were out today and stopped into Landis Cyclery here in Tempe AZ. I looked at a beautiful Dahon bike that is a mystery to me now. All I remember is that it had 16" wheels, an 8 speed internal hub, nice chrome folding pedals and that it was labeled MU something or other. Man, my brain box. I so fell in love with the bike and its awesome quality that I failed to make a mental note of the model. It also had very thin road bike type slick (non tread) tires. The price tag was $977. Can anyone perhaps identify it? I couldn't find it on the Dahon website, but I did notice an 8 speed internal geared MU N360, but it had 20" wheels and not 16". It really is a mystery. Do they have other models that are perhaps not indicated on their website?

I'll have to wait until Tuesday to call them. This bike was a 1000% better quality than the 20" Adventure model that I bought, but then again there is a lot of difference between the $190 I paid for mine and the $977 that they want for the Dahon. Man, there are times when I wish I was a member of the "Heavy Wallet Brigade". At least I know what I would like to save up for.

Cheers
Wayne
it could be a Dahon Curve SL 8 speed IGH.
Attached Images
Old 09-01-13, 07:32 AM
Still Pedaling

Bikes: Brompton and Dahon Curve D3

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vmaniqui
it could be a Dahon Curve SL 8 speed IGH.
That was close, but I believe I found the one. Its the Dahon MU XL Sport. It isn't 16" wheels like I thought. The sport model which I tried out has the Schwalbe racing (slick type) tires, and the gunmetal paint job that I remembered. It is one very sweet ride. Super quality in its components. Its terrible when you test out a Corvette and then come home to your VW Beetle . At least this experience gives me a shot of motivation to save for one of these or one like it.

https://www.nycewheels.com/dahon-fold...u-xl.html#tabs

Here's another link I found. Not much of a write up, but it has pictures.

https://www.1lesscar.com/reviews/dahon1.html

Last edited by Still Pedaling; 09-01-13 at 07:35 AM.