Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show me your cat

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show me your cat

Old 05-15-18, 11:56 AM
DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4334 Post(s)
Liked 2,977 Times in 1,614 Posts
This little booger-head is 4 years old today, and has been ours since he was 7-months.
He was found in an alley covered with fleas and dirt - a true rescue.
We re-named him Ace.

Old 05-15-18, 12:11 PM
Old Fireleg

Bikes: '76 Colnago Super NR,'83 Romani Aero KL/SP SR, '85 Mino Denti Aero Master CR, '86 ALAN Cyclo-cross DA, '89 Bottecchia SLX CR, '90 Colnago Master Piu CR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by juvela
-----
Be Cinny short for cinnamon?
-----
Yes

.In first image his expression seems to be saying "Hah, I bet you think you're pretty good with that camera, hrrrrrumph!"
I think that is the reason for the strong sunshine. He has an extremely open and friendly character.
Old 05-15-18, 12:11 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
-----

+1

Like to stop in at the Community Concern for Cats thrift store (oppe shoppe) in Walnut Creek each week.

Sometimes find something to assist the cause...

​​​​​​​-----
Old 06-01-18, 03:46 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked 4,581 Times in 1,762 Posts
Fritz and Felix in a 'semi-relaxed' state. Which means they just got down from the curtains, kitchen top or whatever other other places they shouldn't be in or on, and are waiting for their next adventure. In this case they're hoping for the dog to make a move ...

... but she can't be bothered:

Old 06-01-18, 06:18 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts

My area had a week of stormy weather leading up to the 20th. I went to get something from my car that night and heard a cat meowing under my wife's car. There was a big tuxedo cat under there. Next morning it was on our back porch singing a tune. Our 2 cats were flustered. Then it moved to the front entry way. I noticed it was having problems climbing the steps because of bad vision. Was not a feral. We led it around back and gave it some food, etc. Took pictures and put out the info. Took to vet, checked for chip and waited for someone to claim. Elderly male and practically blind. Cloudy eyes. No claims after a week. We have stairs and the other cats. So he is now my office/shop cat. Really sweet cat. Having trouble getting litter box trained, but he holds it like a dog. So far, it is a walk outside in the morning, one at leaving time and one at bedtime. I can live with that for now. Trying out different names.
Old 06-01-18, 09:12 PM
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked 694 Times in 371 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
My area had a week of stormy weather leading up to the 20th. I went to get something from my car that night and heard a cat meowing under my wife's car. There was a big tuxedo cat under there. Next morning it was on our back porch singing a tune. Our 2 cats were flustered. Then it moved to the front entry way. I noticed it was having problems climbing the steps because of bad vision. Was not a feral. We led it around back and gave it some food, etc. Took pictures and put out the info. Took to vet, checked for chip and waited for someone to claim. Elderly male and practically blind. Cloudy eyes. No claims after a week. We have stairs and the other cats. So he is now my office/shop cat. Really sweet cat. Having trouble getting litter box trained, but he holds it like a dog. So far, it is a walk outside in the morning, one at leaving time and one at bedtime. I can live with that for now. Trying out different names.
Congratulations on your new (old) companion. I would call him "Blind Tom".. not that he's going to come when he's called.

Comcast nuked my web page. It will return soon..
Old 06-02-18, 04:02 PM
juvela

-----

Thanks so much for this post!

He sure is one fortunate boy to have found such a caring home with you.

-----
Old 06-02-18, 04:37 PM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 1,638 Times in 943 Posts
^^^^ nice story Pat, I hope it works out. Another cool cat who's made the best of less than ideal circumstances is my youngest daughter's roommate's cat Pip. A shelter cat with one stitched up eye, this cat has a ton of personality and an almost regal-ness that I think comes through in this photo. Liz is in love with Pip, and from all I've heard about him I think I am too.
Old 06-02-18, 07:46 PM
PilotFishBob 
So it goes.

Bikes: A few. Quite a few.

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 261 Posts
Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji
^^^^ nice story Pat, I hope it works out. Another cool cat who's made the best of less than ideal circumstances is my youngest daughter's roommate's cat Pip. A shelter cat with one stitched up eye, this cat has a ton of personality and an almost regal-ness that I think comes through in this photo. Liz is in love with Pip, and from all I've heard about him I think I am too.
Oozing character for certain. Gahh - I think I'm in love too!
Old 06-02-18, 09:28 PM
seypat

Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji
This picture is bringing tears to my eyes! I wish I could adopt them all. They are just hoping for a chance at a good life. They have so much to offer. When they get that chance, the humans and animals all have a much better life together.
Old 06-04-18, 05:21 PM
Peugeotlover

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10; '74 Raleigh International; '87 Specialized RockHopper; '88 Specialized StumpJumper; '02 Cannondale Scalpel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

This was going to go in the food thread, but Misty jumped into it before the shutter clicked. Who knew cats like Pepperoni?
Old 06-04-18, 05:40 PM
ericy
Señor Member

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Trek DS 8.3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Peugeotlover

This was going to go in the food thread, but Misty jumped into it before the shutter clicked. Who knew cats like Pepperoni?
One of ours will stick her nose into anything I am eating. Anything fatty or greasy, and she might want to start tasting it. But even something as simple as pie crust is something she is almost ready to take a bite out of.
Old 06-04-18, 06:04 PM
seypat

Felix is the official name now.
Old 06-05-18, 08:31 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked 3,576 Times in 2,340 Posts
"Little Vic" had a new encounter with our neighborhood fox this morning. some time ago, last Fall? I caught them sitting & just looking at each other (just inside the edge of the woods behind our house). this morning was a bit different. they were probably doing the same when I went out looking for Vic & Reggie (Stormy had come back early). When I found Vic, she was in the woods some distance away & when she heard me she began to walk toward me. as I walked toward her, she stopped & sat. behind her I saw what looked like Reggie approaching but it wasn't. it was the fox. only now, it was a bit bigger, taller & looked quite lean. (assuming it was the same one from last year) it was walking toward Vic. Vic never looked back. it took a little doing to get Vic to continue walking home & to get the fox to flee. was kinda like Romeo & Juliet & I was breaking up the duo that didn't belong together. last time I saw the fox I took a really bad pic. today, if I had a camera in hand I could have gotten a really good one. Vic walked in slowly with an attitude like: "okay okay don't rush me" & she wasn't the least bit freaked out. thru all that Reggie snuck back in & had a freaked look about him. he probably witnessed the whole thing

looking for pics (of a fox following a cat) I came across this article with an amusing story & great pics of a cat chasing a fox!

Outfoxed: Fearless Forest Cat turns guard dog as he chases rival fox off his land | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-11-18, 02:47 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Somehow, the coyotes have not gotten her.

Yet.

She stopped coming to our porch. My dog is torn between wanting to play and being scared out of his fur.
Old 06-11-18, 03:04 PM
juvela

-----

Well, her tail is up, which in kitty body language means she is "interested."

Good looking coat.

​​​​​​​Reminds me of "end of the day glass" where glassblowers take all the colours they have been working with and make them into something prior to finishing their work day.

-----
Old 06-13-18, 08:54 AM
Glennfordx4

Bikes: Too many Bicycles to list

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 45 Posts
Please do me a favor and give your Kitts a hug and a treat for me, we just had to have our 13yr old long hair cat Bushy Tail put down, second cat in 8 months we lost. He was just a great cat, one of 6 solid black cats from the same litter that were left by the mother cat in our yard. He got all the best traits out of them, loved people and the dog and just loved to play. Mr Tail is what I called him and he was my Wife's baby, he was the last one that let her pet him as a kitten but as soon as she did he rolled on his back to have his belly scratched and she became his. I loved playing with him and his favorite toy was a leather boot lace, watching him chasing it on the kitchen floor was funny as all get out because of how long the fur was on the bottom of his paws he just slid and skated around, he would walk around with it hanging out of his mouth making the most ungodly sounds sometimes, fun cat who we really miss. Only 3 left from that litter now, 13yrs is just not long enough.

Glenn
Old 06-13-18, 11:00 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Originally Posted by Glennfordx4
13yrs is just not long enough
please accept my sympathies. here's wishing you nothing but the best memories & it sounds like you have quite a few. & so glad you have furry company to keep you distracted!
Old 06-13-18, 10:02 PM
Vince Hoffmann

Bikes: Giant Talon, Pinarello Catena Lusso, Pinarello Rahza K, Pinarello Dogma F8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Meet Flynn, Our newest little fur baby 9 weeks and 2.5 lbs... Turns out he's a gamer!

Old 06-15-18, 06:50 AM
rumrunn6

thanks to FB I got reminded about these 2 pics. hope it's OK if I share old pics. still have these 3 ...

this is a recent pic from a cpl months ago

Old 07-15-18, 08:15 PM
Soylent 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 3 Posts

Pride of lions outside my office.
Old 07-16-18, 06:52 AM
rootboy 

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 78 Posts
This picture is bringing tears to my eyes! I wish I could adopt them all. They are just hoping for a chance at a good life. They have so much to offer. When they get that chance, the humans and animals all have a much better life together.

You're a real softy, Seypat. Wonderful post.

Me too.
I love cats. And the ones that have had a rough life, even more.
Old 07-16-18, 07:08 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 2,269 Times in 1,272 Posts

"Dad, I think you'd better have a look at this before you go!This cable seems a bit tight. "Joe

Last edited by Kabuki12; 07-16-18 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-16-18, 09:25 AM
seypat

Felix is the official name now.
Update on this one. Felix didn't stick as a name, either. "Mr. Bingley," the smiling, happy character out of Pride And Prejudice has. We found out that Mr Bingley was a neighborhood cul de sac cat a couple of streets over. The lady that took care of him moved and nobody else in the cul de sac took over. He is just about trained to using a litter box now. The only obstacle is that he looks for the litter box, bumps into it, but doesn't climb over into it. Does his thing next to it. If I pick him up and put him in it, then he uses it. I am going to build a ramped, elevated platform around the box so he won't have to step over the sides.

Last edited by seypat; 07-16-18 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-16-18, 10:10 AM
seypat

A couple of weekends ago, Mr. Bingley and I had quite the scare. I was dumping stuff from my van into the dumpster on a Sunday night. Mr Bingley was sniffing around the back of the buildings. I glanced across at the other buildings. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted this "beast" stalking us. I about $hit my pants! His eyes were kind of glowy. I thought I saw his tail wagging. It was a wolf, a mountain lion, or something like that. It's on the far side on the 3rd plateau from the bottom. I quickly found Mr. Bingley. I scooped him up and zoomed back to the warehouse door. I put him in and grabbed something for a weapon. I walked back outside and jumped into my car. I turned it around and shined the lights over to scare away the beast. Continued in the next post.

Last edited by seypat; 07-16-18 at 10:32 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.