Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

X-treme Nitemare (Warning)

Old 08-11-17, 06:16 AM
LittleDuke

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
X-treme Nitemare (Warning)

This X-treme Summit ebike has been an absolute NIGHTMARE from the get go. It arrived with no instructions, the brakes discs were bent, missing parts, etc. When I finally got it put together thats when the nightmare really started. The gears wouldn't change without the chain falling off. The derailluer apparently was installed at the factory all wrong and was not even the right kind for the gears. The brakes sqeaked constantly (not just when applying them). Also there is no way to install the grip, throttle and gear shifter...they don't fit, you have to put them all in a weird position. The return policy is 15 days from the purchase date which is useless because it takes almost that much time for it to arrive. Customer service is AWFUL. They use some call center where people can't do anything to help you and they refuse to let you talk to anyone that would actually be able to do something. They say you can ship it back for repair (at your own cost of course) but they make the process to difficult that it makes you want to just give up (no doubt by design). So after putting $150 of my own money at a bike shop to get the gears to work (they sort of work now but not well) NOW the motor is only producing 30 watts of a possible 350. The guys at the bike shop said that the bike is a piece of junk and I said "yeah you think?" Lesson learned I guess, don't buy bikes online that are made in China. DO NOT make the same mistake I made. Spend the extra money and get an ebike from a reputable bike shop. NOT ONLINE!!
Old 08-12-17, 05:52 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3059 Post(s)
Liked 6,379 Times in 3,692 Posts
Thread moved from Forum Suggestions & User Assistance to Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback