Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Lezyne Y10 GPS units now support planned workouts

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-18, 10:30 PM
lightbulbjim
U*icyclist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A new firmware update was released the other day and you can now use planned workouts. Not something I'm particularly interested in myself but it's nice to know that they're still working on improvements.

Also included in the update is a change to the way screens are laid out - center-justified fields and some other tweaks.

Now if they could just give up on their route builder and integrate directly with Ride With GPS ala Wahoo...
Old 01-16-18, 02:01 PM
Lezyne
Official

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lightbulbjim

Now if they could just give up on their route builder and integrate directly with Ride With GPS ala Wahoo...
Thanks for bringing that up!

I don't think we're going to give up on our route builder anytime soon, but if you prefer the interface of RWGPS, we fully support turn-by-turn directions from a .TCX file created there.

Here's their write-up of exporting a route and using a Lezyne GPS device: ridewithgps.com/help/lezyne-year-10-gps
Old 01-16-18, 02:48 PM
lightbulbjim
U*icyclist

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lezyne
Thanks for bringing that up!
Hey, an official reply! I hope my post wasn't too provocative . Thumbs up for community support .

Originally Posted by Lezyne
I don't think we're going to give up on our route builder anytime soon, but if you prefer the interface of RWGPS, we fully support turn-by-turn directions from a .TCX file created there.

Here's their write-up of exporting a route and using a Lezyne GPS device: ridewithgps.com/help/lezyne-year-10-gps
That's what I do at the moment, although obviously it's a little clunky having to download and upload files etc. The main pain point with your route editor is that it doesn't allow editing existing routes. So if I've made a route using RWGPS, exported it and uploaded it to GPSRoot, then realise I need to tweak it slightly, I need to go back to RWGPS and do the whole export/import process again.

It's handy being able to construct a quick route via my phone when out and about though .
Old 01-16-18, 06:24 PM
pasosteve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How do you do custom workouts? I just want to do interval training either time based or distance based.
Old 01-17-18, 12:59 PM
Lezyne
Official

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pasosteve
How do you do custom workouts? I just want to do interval training either time based or distance based.
You can set up custom workouts via TrainingPeaks or Today's Plan and sync them to your GPS Device. The free version of TrainingPeaks will still allow you to create a custom workout for "Today" or "Tomorrow" but you don't get their more advanced features.

Here's our write-up for creating workouts: lezyne.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004433594-Workouts-TrainingPeaks-and-Today-s-Plan

Alternatively, you can manually enter your own heart rate or power zones and ride within those zones for a set time or distance. One of the new display fields in the update shows the time spent in the current zone (HR or Power).
Old 01-17-18, 01:09 PM
Lezyne
Official

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lightbulbjim
Hey, an official reply! I hope my post wasn't too provocative . Thumbs up for community support .
You're welcome! And thanks for the positive feedback, we really want to provide as much help as we can. We've even got a new online helpdesk (It's in beta) that we're developing in order to answer questions and respond to issues more effectively.

...And I would classify your comment more along the lines of constructive criticism rather than provocative
Old 02-09-18, 02:41 PM
macro

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, I don't know if ok to continue in this thread, but right now I am playing with trial periods for both training peaks and today's plan. I really like how Today's plans workouts can offer power and heart rate at the same time. Is there a way with training peaks to train for both ? or maybe have power workouts display heart rate also ? I see that with Today's plan, before starting a training session I can select which metrics to view/train with, but with Training peak, its only the 1 that I pre-configured within the app.

I am still undecided which one to go. I like that training peaks has a free version, But I prefer Today's plan workouts focusing on both power and heart. Also Todays plan's offers out of the box workouts where training peaks plans need to be purchased.
Old 02-11-18, 03:25 PM
lightbulbjim
U*icyclist

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by macro
Hi, I don't know if ok to continue in this thread, but right now I am playing with trial periods for both training peaks and today's plan. I really like how Today's plans workouts can offer power and heart rate at the same time. Is there a way with training peaks to train for both ? or maybe have power workouts display heart rate also ? I see that with Today's plan, before starting a training session I can select which metrics to view/train with, but with Training peak, its only the 1 that I pre-configured within the app.

I am still undecided which one to go. I like that training peaks has a free version, But I prefer Today's plan workouts focusing on both power and heart. Also Todays plan's offers out of the box workouts where training peaks plans need to be purchased.
Not sure sorry. I didn’t bother with the Today’s Plan trial as they don’t have a free option. I do have a free Training Peaks account but I’ve barely used it.
Old 02-12-18, 02:07 PM
Lezyne
Official

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by macro

Hi Macro,

Today's Plan is currently the only training platform that offers dual target training (Power and heart rate, in your case). We do know that both TrainingPeaks and Today's Plan constantly work on updates and new features, but can't say for certain whether or not TrianingPeaks will offer the dual target feature in the future.

I'll forward your idea of having a HR display on a power-training screen to our engineers. As for other features, we now have a request forum on our support site.

Also, (lightbulbjim) we are finalizing our free 30-day trial offer with Today's Plan. This should be live in the very near future!
Old 02-13-18, 02:40 PM
macro

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WOW, that is so much appreciated!! I really enjoyed when you guys increased the number of metric fields to 8. Having HR visible while training for power or another metric would really make training easier. I find myself always switching to the next display checking on HR in case I am pushing too hard. I am happy to meet someone from Lezyne on this forum! THANKS a bunch!