Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

88 haro sport with gt mags thrift store find...Value?

Search
Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-18, 11:14 AM
BudSmoker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

*First off, got chewed out over at the wack bmx museum site for even asking value,so I hope i dont offend anyone by asking, and I am just looking for an opinion from those who know more than me.
Found this sweet bike in a thrift store. I remembered it from my childhood and couldn't believe how good it looked for 30 years old! the wheel bolts are still shiny so it been inside,tube are good,tires have nubs which brings me to my first question..What year gt they came off of? besides that it seems pretty complete (front brake pads are black back white) what do you think the original equipment (every thing but wheels if it right)and the whole package should be worth? Dont know how to ship no bike so probably sell it local, what would be an acceptable offer from a bike shop. Im near tulsa ok and they are a big bike town so someone will be interested,just dont want to get low balled. upon doing my research i noticed that they just put out the 2018 30th anniversary haro sport in same style/color,be cool to see side by side.
so bottom line where the GT Mags come off of? Is it original besides the mags? whats the frame worth? whats the whole bike worth?Keep it together,part it out,throw it in scrap pile? lol.

serial # H88031632

what do you guys think? I appreciate you looking.
* cant figure out how to upload pics...guess you have to make 10 post? so wait for 9 more or go to 1250.photobucket.c0m/user/BudShmoker/library/
Old 05-15-18, 06:19 PM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
Well the good news is you scored pretty good. The problem is value is subjective so it all depends where you live etc. On the museum they go from $500-$1000 the avg price for a uber clean example is around $800. If I was selling yours I would ask about around $500-$600 with the shape it's in. To get the big money for bikes means shipping, usually local people will try to give 1/4 of what you can get on ebay. At least where I live they do.