Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback
Reload this Page >

League of American Bicyclists Community Surveys

Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Old 03-20-18, 05:41 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18318 Post(s)
Liked 4,487 Times in 3,337 Posts

I got this in the mail today. I think I got on the list by stopping at a community interest table along one of the bike paths a couple of years ago.

Apparently communities across the USA submit a "Bicycle Friendly Community Application".

Unfortunately I don't see the list of communities without opening the survey and selecting the state, then going to the next page.

I'm not quite sure where your survey responses go, but hopefully the communities respond to the specific suggestions as part of the application process.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BFC_app_Spring2018

Home Page | League of American Bicyclists

Here are past awards. I presume the communities don't repeat the process every year, but perhaps every few years.
Award Database | League of American Bicyclists

I have no personal connection to the survey.
Old 09-25-18, 01:26 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18318 Post(s)
Liked 4,487 Times in 3,337 Posts
I thought I'd do a little followup.

My local community, Springfield, was given a Bronze award this year.

https://bikeleague.org/sites/default...ngfield_OR.pdf

I suppose that is a reasonable outcome, considering.

I was pretty critical on my review. And, several of the issues that I noted on my response have already been addressed (I think).

Disappearing bike lanes along Centennial Blvd now have new paint so the bike lanes go straight through intersections, rather than being directed into the curbs. A bike lane that missed a block now has parking gone, and new bike lanes.

And, I've hit a critical traffic light (with bike lane) that used to short-cycle me, and believe that I've actually made it across without FREEWAY cross-traffic getting a green light.

It is hard to tell, but bike lanes may also have been swept a couple of times.

Some issues remain such as parallel storm drains in bike lanes, and two off-street MUPS that end in a T-intersection with no way to go from one to the other.

Hopefully the community chooses a path of continuous improvement.