Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Who are you? Where do you ride?

Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Who are you? Where do you ride?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-10, 10:58 PM
Dereksd

Bikes: Cinelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks cbad.im gettin used to it and starting to love her.Shes treatin me well for a free bike
Old 11-17-10, 10:42 AM
flipnotize21

Bikes: Gravity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi im ed, im a noob looking for people to ride with in the San fernando valley area, i ride the metro orange line or santa clarita bike path area, i did camp 9/ Bear Divide 2x hope to climb that area again... so if you see me say hi and dont be a bike snob LOL!

Old 11-17-10, 04:03 PM
kandyredcoi
calm down its just a bike

Bikes: PK Ripper FG, raleigh folder, felt z5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
whats up V, sweet pics, welcome to the forum...look forward to riding again...lets go!
Originally Posted by vstudio
Hey guys, just recently started biking....this is my first roadbike.....she's a Torelli Montefalco with Ultegra groupo currently, bormio wheels, Michelin tires. I normally ride with a couple of guys from this forum on the SGRT....we normally ride from cerritos to seal beach.

Cheers,
Verone

Old 01-05-11, 01:15 AM
Pedal Plebe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm Dan, I live and bike in Irvine and started seriously biking last June. Lost 50+lbs, and aiming to lose about 10 more to get to racing weight. Thinking of giving racing a go this year. This is my current bike (if anyone wants to buy it let me know! )...hoping to pick up a Cervelo S1 in the next week or two...

Old 01-05-11, 12:45 PM
mercierkiller

Bikes: 2010 mercier kilo tt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello y'all, name is jake from los angeles. Been riding for 2 years or less, still getting used to it but love it! Anyone here from downtown la? I see riders here and there on the streets but never rode with any of them. Looking for people to ride with!

My mercier kilo

Old 01-13-11, 06:26 PM
proantibicycle
Master of Ceremonies

Bikes: 2005 Lemond Versailles, 2010 Mercier Kilo OS fixed gear, 2008 Redline Monocog Flight, 1985 Peugot 700c conversion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am Pro-Ant Bicycle. I ride in the wilds of Santa Barbara, CA. Because I represent the 805, I get rad as much as possible and I have a blog as well. Kind of like the Colbert Report but with bikes. See you all around.
Old 02-04-11, 02:53 PM
Ohmannuel

Bikes: BMC SLC01 Pro Race, Torelli Montefalco Newhall Bicycle ed. 48x16 fixed gear

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just posted in the intro page was directed here so,

I signed up about a year ago but I never used this forum and lately I've been looking for more people to ride with or people who are going to race my same races (cat 5) so I guess this is the best way to do that.

Living in West Covina I love GMR. I ride GMR just about every week and I even go to a weekly ride on Tues mornings at 845am. I have a Torelli Montefalco, the colors are a little out there. Bought as a team bike from Newhall Bicycle Company in Santa Clarita, the bike has the shop colors of Yellow, Green, and red.

I started riding about 3 years ago and I've been off and on the whole time. This year I'm racing on ShoAir but not really being that I live so far from most everyone on the team. I'm looking forward to this season and I hope I meet a lot of cool people along the way.
Old 02-16-11, 11:47 AM
SprSonik

Bikes: Treks: Madone 5.2 roadie and Fuel EX9.9 mtn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Been years since I logged in on this forum, but I am looking to start riding with a few more people. I am in San Diego, and most of my road riding is solo in North County or mtn biking with my bro anywhere in SD or So Riverside County. Shoot me a message if you are interested in trying to hook up. I am a single dad and have my kids alternating weeks, so my availability varies based on which week it is. I work from home so I do have some free time mid week for short (up to 2 hr) rides.

Also, would love to get some input on how to get my girlfriend riding better on her road bike. She is totally new to the sport, and has some serious anxiety when we ride. I try not to push her and really focus on supporting and encouraging, but am thinking she may need to ride with a ladies only group while she gets up to speed.
Old 02-20-11, 12:40 AM
socalrando
Riding Heaven's Highways, RIP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all. New to this forum, but have been on socalbikeforums for a while. Just thought I'd expand my horizons. Do a lot of randonneuring, and have done a bunch of doubles and the 508. Plan on focusing on mixed terrain riding after this year's 508 (maybe a little in the spring and summer before PBP -- did some 2nd half of last year). Mixed terrain sound interesting to anyone?
Old 02-20-11, 12:41 PM
robertkat

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by socalrando
Mixed terrain sound interesting to anyone?
We have some permanents here in SD that are definitely mixed terrain. A few are doable with wide tires, but the "Tough Rider" series might call for a cross bike with a triple.
Old 02-21-11, 08:19 AM
Chilero

Bikes: 78 Gios Super Record, 74 Colnago Super, 54 Hetchins Vade Mecum, 50's Royal Nord Commander, 67 Atala Record, 80s Univega Italsport.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SprSonik,

Try to raise the stem, or get her a new one that has an adjustable angle. Sitting a little more upright is a way to get beginners more comfortable on a road bike, particularly when they feel anxious. The other thing is the saddle. Get her one that she's comfortable with. Go to a bike shop that sells Specialized saddles, they make a variety of widths, one of those will fit her particular anatomy. The other option in saddles is Terry. Other than the above mechanical items, try to get her started on a dedicated bike path, traffic has a way of freaking newbies. A variety of cycling clubs have rides for women only which they sometimes don't advertise. Do a google search for bicycling clubs in your area. Good luck!
=Carlos
Old 02-22-11, 04:12 PM
socalrando
Riding Heaven's Highways, RIP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robertkat
We have some permanents here in SD that are definitely mixed terrain. A few are doable with wide tires, but the "Tough Rider" series might call for a cross bike with a triple.
Hey Robert. I know about Kelly and John's "Tough Rider" series. Very cool. I wanted to get down there for the one the day before the Super Bowl, but had too much going on. And I do have a cross bike with a triple for just such rides! Hopefully I can do one later in the year. I think we're going to do the SD Randos 600K. My significant other and I will be on matching orange Ritchey Breakaway Crosses (not what I usually ride on brevets, but will be taking it to PBP and want to make sure there are no issues on long rides). If you're riding, say "Hi" if you see us.

Thanks.

Jim
Old 02-24-11, 05:21 PM
vxpower

Bikes: looking to buy my first bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pedal Plebe
I'm Dan, I live and bike in Irvine and started seriously biking last June. Lost 50+lbs, and aiming to lose about 10 more to get to racing weight. Thinking of giving racing a go this year. This is my current bike (if anyone wants to buy it let me know! )...hoping to pick up a Cervelo S1 in the next week or two...

nice bike. how much u looking to sell it for. what size is it.
Old 02-28-11, 04:41 PM
SprSonik

Bikes: Treks: Madone 5.2 roadie and Fuel EX9.9 mtn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wish it was that easy...she was set up right by a good shop after trying a ton of bikes. Everything is dialed in mechanically/fits properly, it is a mental thing for her. That is why I was thinking a local ladies only ride would help her out. I stopped in at a local tri shop this weekend and found out that they do a ride that is more than 50% women every Sunday. I am trying to get her to come with me on that one. I can ride up with the faster people while she enjoys a more relaxed pace, yet we are still "riding together".

Originally Posted by Chilero
SprSonik,

Try to raise the stem, or get her a new one that has an adjustable angle. Sitting a little more upright is a way to get beginners more comfortable on a road bike, particularly when they feel anxious. The other thing is the saddle. Get her one that she's comfortable with. Go to a bike shop that sells Specialized saddles, they make a variety of widths, one of those will fit her particular anatomy. The other option in saddles is Terry. Other than the above mechanical items, try to get her started on a dedicated bike path, traffic has a way of freaking newbies. A variety of cycling clubs have rides for women only which they sometimes don't advertise. Do a google search for bicycling clubs in your area. Good luck!
=Carlos
Old 03-02-11, 05:54 PM
Ohmannuel

Bikes: BMC SLC01 Pro Race, Torelli Montefalco Newhall Bicycle ed. 48x16 fixed gear

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ohmannuel
Just posted in the intro page was directed here so,

I signed up about a year ago but I never used this forum and lately I've been looking for more people to ride with or people who are going to race my same races (cat 5) so I guess this is the best way to do that.

Living in West Covina I love GMR. I ride GMR just about every week and I even go to a weekly ride on Tues mornings at 845am. I have a Torelli Montefalco, the colors are a little out there. Bought as a team bike from Newhall Bicycle Company in Santa Clarita, the bike has the shop colors of Yellow, Green, and red.

I started riding about 3 years ago and I've been off and on the whole time. This year I'm racing on ShoAir but not really being that I live so far from most everyone on the team. I'm looking forward to this season and I hope I meet a lot of cool people along the way.
Slight edit, I just moved to South Whittier CA and have no idea where the local group rides are, or where the great spots to have coffee/lunch/buy bike parts are. With that said I'll check out the LBS's to see what rides they have going on and go from there. See you on the road
Old 03-23-11, 09:50 PM
Mansram01

Bikes: '17 Trek Emonda, '16 Yeti ASR5, '14 Cdale F29 '08 Orbea Orca.

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi everyone. I'm Manuel and reside in Altadena. Not exactly new to BF but definitely new to this thread. You can usually find me riding around the Rose Bowl and on weekends riding what's known as the Rose Bowl Vintage Ride. I've also done Angeles Crest, GMR and the Santa Monicas. On occasion, I'll ride with my bud & co-worker Stan and some SFVBC members on some pretty gnarly rides at elevation. Been contemplating the Montrose ride.

I rediscovered riding about 4 years ago and haven't looked back since. Hope to run into some of you here (not literally, of course) and perhaps meet up for some group rides. Wish I had more ride time but I suppose that's a re-occurring theme with all of us here.

Many upgrades later, these are my two main rides:
Old 03-24-11, 03:08 PM
LOGICK ONE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Name is Vince. I ride Orange County/Long Beach. I HAD a Fuji CCR2 until I was burglarized a couple days ago, but hopefully with the insurance money I will be able to pay for this.

Old 03-24-11, 10:56 PM
ace587

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
im Andrew and i ride a Panasonic to work around 13 miles~. I use my Jamis around Miami when im off

Old 03-30-11, 02:39 PM
stugi79

Bikes: 2011 Giant Rapid 3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm Stuart, just started riding in January since I moved to San Dimas. Can be found out and around Bonelli on Tue/Thur afternoon and bright and early on Saturday mornings!

This is my 2011 Giant Rapid 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bike.jpg (100.9 KB, 49 views)
Old 04-04-11, 10:38 AM
mountainofmiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in Ohio but have been visiting the Santa Ynez area for last 6 years for a self guided cycling training camp. I usually stay 10-11 days and put in good miles and climbing, while eating and drinking like a fish every evening at the great local restaurants. Sometimes I come out twice a year and so in probably 75 days of cycling around Solvang, I've been rained on once....until my visit in March. Rained practically every day but a local told me to pretend I was training in Belgium, so I did. I also participated in a group camp for the first time. Not sure I'd do that again.

For those of you familiar with the area, I'd rate the climbs as "The Fig" (Neverland Ranch side) as the toughest, then Refuggio from the beach, then the Happy Canyon side of Figueroa, then Old San Marcos/Painted Cave on the Santa Barbara side, then Gibralter, then the 2 mile climb midway on Jalama on the way to eating one of the famous Jalama burgers then Tepsuquet. The minor climbs are good too like Drum and Cat Canyon. Great area for training but wish they would pave a few roads. What do they do with that substantial gas tax money anyway?

Can't wait to get back out there and am planning something for this fall. Meantime, riding in Ohio, when weather is decent is great. Lots of lonely and hilly country roads and there is a vibrant cycling community around Columbus. Good reading everyone's posts.
Old 04-12-11, 12:24 PM
edenooch

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey all. im eric. been riding for almost a year. i have an old iron horse road bike. The pasadena area is awesome for riding.

Old 04-12-11, 10:44 PM
girl_in_lace
I'm a girl on my tandem

Bikes: Cannondale Tandem

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Girl on tandem, great cyclist. Ride from west L.A. down to PV and the hills around the golf course. Also going north up to Pepperdine and around Lorro canyon.
Old 04-29-11, 10:53 PM
brakeless619

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello everyone!

I'm David from San Diego, CA. I'm 32 and I ride a 2008 Dahon Curve SL mostly on my lunch hour in Pacific Beach.

I just got into cycling after many many years of non-bicycle activity.

The Curve SL rides with me to work but doesn't stay in the car while I am not in it. I take it down with me. I plan on using it during the summer to hybrid-commute to work when traffic is heavy (i.e. everyone leaving the beach).
Old 05-03-11, 08:13 PM
ChucksNutz

Bikes: 2010 Trek 1.5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm from the 909... Redlands, okay not such a bad area. I tend to ride a lot through the hills of Redlands. Lately I have been getting out to the SART, starting in San Berdo and going out and back from there. I am a newb(less than 12 rides) to cycling, but have been going about 20-30 as of late at about 18mph by my lonesome. Would be nice to find a few people to ride with and gain some speed. Hit me up if you want.

Old 05-07-11, 05:26 PM
Dr. Noodle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
another sfv newbie

Hello all. I'm a nor-cal transplant to so-cal. Love the weather here, hate the traffic. I'm a post-bacc student at USC and am currently living in the SFV. I don't really ride anywhere yet, as I just bought this bike. Any advice one where some good places to ride are around here? I'm not used to riding in the streets at all, or with using clipless pedals (which i'll have at some point), so I think i'd like to start on some legitimate bike paths and then move to the road. If anyone wants to ride with a complete road newbie, please hit me up. I'd love to make some new friends around here. Hope to see some of you around!

Here's my bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bikepic.jpg (99.9 KB, 57 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.