Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Specialized Secteur Comp vs Trek 2.3 vs Giant Defy 1

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-10, 12:05 AM
Hask12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have narrowed it down to these three in the 2010 models. I realize the geometry is different in each bike with the specialized the most comfortable and the trek at the opposite end of the scale. Both the Trek and the specialized come in at the same price with the Giant costing about $200 less. The Giant gets good reviews but it's hard to really find out the quality of a lot of their components since they are in house and makes me wonder if I would be able to swap them out later for upgrades if i desire to do so. So all things being equal I would appreciate any feed back regarding which bike any of you would lean towards. I haven't ridden any but plan to this week. I'm just wondering if any of the three models stand out above the other?
Old 09-20-10, 04:48 AM
sabazel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Giant is always good bang for the buck, and the Defy 1 with the new 105 is a great choice. Since all models have the full 105 (not a swapped out crankset), I would go with the Giant. The Defy is a well reviewed bike for a reason: it's awesome.