Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Miche Primato 10s Shimano cassette compatibility

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-20, 03:03 AM
CyclingBolt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is the Miche Primato 10 speed Shimano cassette compatible with Campag? I want to use my old 10sp Campag Veloce bike on my Wahoo trainer but 1) the Campag freehub is expensive and only compatible with 4 arm cassettes 2) the cheapest Campy 4 arm cassette costs 90 EUR. I recently found a Miche Primato 10sp Shimano freehub cassette online which costs 30 EUR, but is it compatible with my drivetrain? (does it affect shifting compared to the Veloce cassette?)
Old 09-25-20, 03:30 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,436 Times in 818 Posts
There are both Shimano and Campy compatible cassettes available with the Miche Primato. https://www.probikekit.com/bicycle-c.../11839924.html. I purchase a Shimano compatible, 13-30, but the 30T cog I received was not the correct one. PBK wanted me to return, from the USA, to their warranty dept. to determine if it was a compatibility issue, if so, they would pay for the return and shipping of a replacement cassette. If they determined it was not, I would have to pay. I decided to get a 30t cog from Harris Cyclery rather than go through the hassle and time involved, and not knowing what PBK would decide. I tworks great with the replacement cog. Make sure you are ordering Campy compatible.
Old 09-25-20, 04:01 AM
CyclingBolt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, but isn’t the Campy compatible version only for Campy freehubs?
Old 09-25-20, 11:31 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,436 Times in 818 Posts
Yes, hence, hence the "Make sure you are ordering Campy" comment
Old 09-25-20, 11:56 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
I think what you need is a cassette that fits a Shimano spline freehub body that has Campagnolo spacing. I have one made by Ambrosio that I bought a few years ago so I could use a nice set of carbon tubulars on my 10-speed Chorus/Athena bike. Unfortunately I haven't seen those available in quite a long time. It might be possible to make one with individual Shimano cogs and Campagnolo spacers, but that would be a big pain in the butt.