Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Bike saddle for Cube Analog 2019

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Old 11-20-20, 01:31 PM
whisper12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone! I have a Cube Analog 2019 and I've a problem with a saddle, when I ride it for longer distance it starting to pinch me and then I need to get up. I want to buy a new saddle and the most important thing is that it's comfortable for long rides. Which one of this you recommend?
Bontrager verse comp

selle royal respiro for men

wtb rocket comp?
Old 11-20-20, 04:26 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,289 Times in 743 Posts
Yes
Old 11-21-20, 09:22 AM
whisper12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phughes
Yes
which one of those 3?
Old 11-22-20, 11:29 AM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,289 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by whisper12
which one of those 3?
No one knows what saddle you have now, and what you mean by pinch. I can tell you that the majority of "saddle" issues, are caused by bike fit, normally a too high saddle, or too great of reach, so it is possible to have the "best" saddle and have "saddle" issues. Many go the route of chasing the perfect saddle, ignoring any advice regarding fit, and end up with a lot of perfectly good saddles, that are, "bad." But once again, no one knows what saddle you currently have, how you have your bike set up, if you have a saddle height that is too high, many do despite what others will tell you, or if the reach is too long.

All three of those saddles are likely good saddles. Whether they will help you or not, no one can tell you. We simply do not have enough information. As for picking one of the three, no one will be able to definitively do that for you, unless someone knows some glaring design fault with one of them that I don't know about. Generally speaking, once you get to quality saddles, it usually isn't the saddle causing an issue.
Old 11-22-20, 02:54 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1531 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 915 Posts
^ ^ ^ What they said. ^ ^ ^
Likes For Korina:
Old 11-23-20, 08:12 AM
subgrade

Bikes: Focus Crater Lake

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 204 Posts
In addition to what has been said before, if you are a newbie, you may need to just get used to being in the saddle - in the fit is right, the discomfort diminishes greatly after a few weeks of regular riding.
Likes For subgrade: