Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Reynolds AR 58/62

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Reynolds AR 58/62

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-20, 07:22 PM
ericcox
Trying to keep up

Bikes: Pinarello Prince, Orbea Onix, Ridley Fenix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 79 Posts
Reynolds AR 58/62

I searched for threads and found very little feedback on Reynolds AR 58/62 wheels. Does anyone have experience with them? I've read the light bicycles thread, and have searched the web for reviews, but really can't find many opinions. The price seems good... My new bike came with Fulcrum Racing 5's which, I admit, are fine (even good in cross winds!). But... well, you know. Carbon, deep section, unnecessary wheels are fun.
Old 11-24-20, 07:27 PM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
You just bought your Prince and want wheels for it? Nice.
Old 11-24-20, 07:36 PM
ericcox
Trying to keep up

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
You just bought your Prince and want wheels for it? Nice.
I have a problem :-). I probably won't buy wheels any time soon, but I'm surprised by the lack of information on them. The reality is I don't need any of this. But it sure is fun 😉.

And I have rarely been so instantly happy with a bike as I am the Prince. Loving it so far.
Old 11-25-20, 07:58 AM
primov8

Bikes: State Bicycle Co. Undefeated Track SS/FG, Lynskey Helix-Bronze

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 95 Posts
I had the AR 58s on my Storck for almost two years and nothing negative to say about them. For the money, they've were the best carbon wheelset I've owned to date. I've had Enve 65s, Easton EC90s, Campy Boras and the AR58s are right up there when it comes to build quality. Accelerates quickly and when set up tubeless, it just makes the ride even more comfortable. They also felt more stable in crosswinds and with Reynold's cryo power brake pads, these wheels have no problems stopping. I usually don't ride in the rain but the time I did go out and got caught in the rain with the AR 58s, not once did I find myself second guessing whether or not I'd be able to stop or not.
Likes For primov8:
Old 11-25-20, 09:18 AM
ARPRINCE

Bikes: 2021 Tern Verge X11 + Cannondale 2016 CAAD12 eTap + 2011 Synapse Alloy 5 Ultegra

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ericcox
I have a problem :-). I probably won't buy wheels any time soon, but I'm surprised by the lack of information on them. The reality is I don't need any of this. But it sure is fun 😉.
And I have rarely been so instantly happy with a bike as I am the Prince. Loving it so far.
If I had the funds, I would get the new wheels, sell the stock at craigslist (better returns bec it is good as new) and enjoy the ride of the best bike I ever had to date. But that's just me!

Some quick reviews for what it is worth.
https://hayesbicycle.com/collections...ts/ar-58-62-db

Last edited by ARPRINCE; 11-25-20 at 09:23 AM.
Likes For ARPRINCE:
Old 11-25-20, 09:20 AM
ericcox
Trying to keep up

Originally Posted by ARPRINCE
If I had the funds, I would get the new wheels, sell the stock at craigslist (better returns bec it is good as new) and enjoy the ride of the best bike I ever had to date. But that's just me!
Ah, but see you've failed to account for the cost of the divorce .

But seriously, if I can sell my Ridley for a decent amount, this is exactly what I'm going to do.