Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Quick Change Artist...

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Quick Change Artist...

Old 01-10-21, 09:40 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 1,669 Times in 825 Posts
Quick Change Artist...

Last fall I bought a second set of wheels and mounted the winter tires for my snow bike on them so that I could switch more quicklly between smooth summer road tires and studded winter snow tires. Due to a mild start to winter here and a change in my work situation, I haven't ridden in snow since November.

But yesterday afternoon after suiting up I walked out to the shed, flipped the bike on its back, swapped wheel sets, adjusted the brake-cable trim, pumped the tires and headed out in under 6 minutes! (Versus 30 minutes or more to un-mount and mount tires as I had been doing in years past.)

After converting my old hard-tail MTB to drop bars last year, it has been such a fun bike to ride on big, fat smoothies that I wanted to be able to ride it that way in the winter when it was dry.

And of course, riding it in the snow is an absolute blast!

Likes For BobbyG: