Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Post pictures of your Hybrid

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Post pictures of your Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-16, 06:25 AM
zorrofox

Bikes: Cube Hyde Pro (2016)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by VotritisCosta
Cube Hyde .......... i have the basic 2013 edition model ,good bike!

I've only owned my one for a few weeks but so far I'm loving it. I like the look of yours with the narrower tyres, something I've been thinking of changing on my bike. The Big Apples are good but really huge.
Old 08-27-16, 10:12 PM
trainchaser

Bikes: my bikes: Old: 1965 Schwinn 10 speed, 72 Monshee 12 speed, 77 Norco 12 speed, 95 Trek 850, two Specialized Crosstrails, 2016 Specialized carbon Sirrus. New 2020 Trek FX1

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 14 Posts

My brand new 2016 Sirrus Comp carbon, not yet ridden except test ride, going to enjoy this bike!!!
Likes For trainchaser:
Old 09-04-16, 12:17 PM
Lockout

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pretty sure I'm done messing around with my bike for the season, so I thought I'd contribute a pic. It's a Trek 7.3 FX in matte black -- I bought it a couple of months back as a way to get some exercise, after having not ridden a bike for 10+ years. Really enjoying it so far.

I did a little upgrading, mostly in the handlebar area. I replaced the stock grips with Ergon GP1s and installed some Bontrager bar ends adjacent to the inner part of the grips. I'm liking this setup -- it gives a good number of hand positions, and it feels a little more aerodynamic than having them installed on the outside. I went for a 28.5 mile ride this morning (my longest yet) and didn't have any trouble with hand soreness (my butt, on the other hand...)

Old 09-05-16, 08:54 AM
lina4lina

Bikes: Trek Verve 2

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I know seriously girly bike but I figure if you can't have fun in your 40s, when can you? I love this thing.
Old 09-05-16, 08:58 AM
zorrofox

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by lina4lina

Yeah, I know seriously girly bike but I figure if you can't have fun in your 40s, when can you? I love this thing.
That's all that matters. Enjoy it.
Old 09-06-16, 10:41 PM
therealjoeblow

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 1 | 2002 Giant Sedona LX | 1980s Norco Monterey SL

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
I would definitely be interested on hearing how well your Roam compares to your Sedona.
Well... my 2017 Roam 0 arrived... and ended up being quite a fiasco that resulted in me not accepting the bike :-(

It actually came in 2-1/2 weeks ago, but it arrived with the wrong components on it, and has been sitting at my LBS trying to get sorted out (unsuccessfully) since then.

For 2016, the Roam 0 was $1049 (CDN) and the Roam 1 was $959 (CDN), and other than the wheelset and fork which were just slightly better on the 0, I believe they were essentially the same drivetrain, at least they had the same Deore shifters, FD and RD. So if it was going to be a 2016 model, I wasn't convinced that it was worth the $90 increase, even though it was pretty minimal.

However for 2017, the Giant Int'l and Australia websites showed that the drive train was to be upgraded to SLX components, and my LBS's dealer's website and printed dealer's spec book confirmed that, with a price increase to $1099 (+$60, or now $150 more than the Roam 1) to cover the upgrade. The 2017 Roam 1 was to stay with exactly the same spec Deore components, and retain the same price. (The Canadian website still hasn't been updated, but as I said, my LBS showed me their website and spec sheet to confirm the specs before ordering).

Well, the Roam 0 came in, but other than the new 2017 frame and new crosscut tires that are on the 2017 spec sheet (vs the old 2016 frame and slick tires), it has all of the old 2016 Deore drivetrain components, and the price is indeed increased to $1099.

Now in my LBS's defense, they were at a loss to explain this when the bike came in 2-1/2 weeks ago, and they have spent the time since then trying to sort it out and get an explanation and satisfactory solution from Giant, but as of today, to no avail. The Giant Canadian sales rep that they contacted took a week to confirm that as far as Canada is concerned, the drivetrain *is* supposed to be upgraded to SLX; but he was not able to explain why a truckload of them shipped with last year's parts. He has apparently been trying to get an explanation from Giant Tiawan where they are actually assembled for the rest of the time but in 1-1/2 weeks has not gotten anything back from the plant.

So again, in my LBS's defense, they went ahead and changed the components to M670 SLX from their own retail stock, and said if I want the bike I can take it like that now and they will duke it out with Giant on their own. But since they are not able to confirm what the bike is actually supposed to have on it (the spec sheet lists "SLX" but not actual model numbers like Trek and some others do), and knowing that for 2016/2017 Shimano completely redesigned and upgraded the SLX models to the M7000 series (which are supposedly lighter, and perform better) I am not comfortable taking the risk on what Giant is going to ultimately end up doing. It could be one of 3 things - tell the LBS to sell the bikes at last year's price instead of the $60 increase, since they have last year's spec; or agree to upgrade them to M670 parts; or upgrade them to M7000 parts.

If it ends up being the former (sell at a discount), I'm not that keen to go for it since it's not a big enough step up from the Roam 1 for the cost; and if the latter (upgrade to M7000), then I would not want to take the bike with the M670 parts the LBS is offering now since they would be (somewhat) inferior. If it infact turns out they are supposed to come with the M670 parts, then I guess the LBS's current solution is the right thing, but as I said, why should I take the risk and be left with a bitter taste over this? I know it's splitting hairs over component specs, you can call me petty over that if you want, but since I'm paying full retail price and not haggling over price whatsoever, I believe I should get the full product it was intended to be, whatever that is; although it appears that not even Giant knows at this point...

So for the time being, I'm arguably ticked off at Giant. I told the LBS to keep the bike for now. We're nearly out of cycling season here in Canada anyway (maybe 3-4 more comfortable weeks left before it starts getting pretty cold and dark in our short evenings). I might just try again in the spring when Giant sorts this mess out and ships properly assembled bikes here. Or, since as I noted I'm pretty ticked at Giant over this, I might just look elsewhere, even though I do believe there is still great value in this bike compared to the competition.

Sorry for the long rant, but it's been 2-1/2 weeks of sheer frustration over this (first world problem, I know!)

Cheers
TRJB

Last edited by therealjoeblow; 09-06-16 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-07-16, 12:19 AM
zorrofox

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I admire your restraint. I'd be getting a full refund & I'd be going elsewhere. What a farce!
Old 09-07-16, 12:46 AM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 312 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow
Well... my 2017 Roam 0 arrived... and ended up being quite a fiasco that resulted in me not accepting the bike :-(

It actually came in 2-1/2 weeks ago, but it arrived with the wrong components on it, and has been sitting at my LBS trying to get sorted out (unsuccessfully) since then.

For 2016, the Roam 0 was $1049 (CDN) and the Roam 1 was $959 (CDN), and other than the wheelset and fork which were just slightly better on the 0, I believe they were essentially the same drivetrain, at least they had the same Deore shifters, FD and RD. So if it was going to be a 2016 model, I wasn't convinced that it was worth the $90 increase, even though it was pretty minimal.

However for 2017, the Giant Int'l and Australia websites showed that the drive train was to be upgraded to SLX components, and my LBS's dealer's website and printed dealer's spec book confirmed that, with a price increase to $1099 (+$60, or now $150 more than the Roam 1) to cover the upgrade. The 2017 Roam 1 was to stay with exactly the same spec Deore components, and retain the same price. (The Canadian website still hasn't been updated, but as I said, my LBS showed me their website and spec sheet to confirm the specs before ordering).

Well, the Roam 0 came in, but other than the new 2017 frame and new crosscut tires that are on the 2017 spec sheet (vs the old 2016 frame and slick tires), it has all of the old 2016 Deore drivetrain components, and the price is indeed increased to $1099.

Now in my LBS's defense, they were at a loss to explain this when the bike came in 2-1/2 weeks ago, and they have spent the time since then trying to sort it out and get an explanation and satisfactory solution from Giant, but as of today, to no avail. The Giant Canadian sales rep that they contacted took a week to confirm that as far as Canada is concerned, the drivetrain *is* supposed to be upgraded to SLX; but he was not able to explain why a truckload of them shipped with last year's parts. He has apparently been trying to get an explanation from Giant Tiawan where they are actually assembled for the rest of the time but in 1-1/2 weeks has not gotten anything back from the plant.

So again, in my LBS's defense, they went ahead and changed the components to M670 SLX from their own retail stock, and said if I want the bike I can take it like that now and they will duke it out with Giant on their own. But since they are not able to confirm what the bike is actually supposed to have on it (the spec sheet lists "SLX" but not actual model numbers like Trek and some others do), and knowing that for 2016/2017 Shimano completely redesigned and upgraded the SLX models to the M7000 series (which are supposedly lighter, and perform better) I am not comfortable taking the risk on what Giant is going to ultimately end up doing. It could be one of 3 things - tell the LBS to sell the bikes at last year's price instead of the $60 increase, since they have last year's spec; or agree to upgrade them to M670 parts; or upgrade them to M7000 parts.

If it ends up being the former (sell at a discount), I'm not that keen to go for it since it's not a big enough step up from the Roam 1 for the cost; and if the latter (upgrade to M7000), then I would not want to take the bike with the M670 parts the LBS is offering now since they would be (somewhat) inferior. If it infact turns out they are supposed to come with the M670 parts, then I guess the LBS's current solution is the right thing, but as I said, why should I take the risk and be left with a bitter taste over this? I know it's splitting hairs over component specs, you can call me petty over that if you want, but since I'm paying full retail price and not haggling over price whatsoever, I believe I should get the full product it was intended to be, whatever that is; although it appears that not even Giant knows at this point...

So for the time being, I'm arguably ticked off at Giant. I told the LBS to keep the bike for now. We're nearly out of cycling season here in Canada anyway (maybe 3-4 more comfortable weeks left before it starts getting pretty cold and dark in our short evenings). I might just try again in the spring when Giant sorts this mess out and ships properly assembled bikes here. Or, since as I noted I'm pretty ticked at Giant over this, I might just look elsewhere, even though I do believe there is still great value in this bike compared to the competition.

Sorry for the long rant, but it's been 2-1/2 weeks of sheer frustration over this (first world problem, I know!)

Cheers
TRJB

Thanks for that explanation, I appreciate the level of detail.

It is a shame that you got stuffed around by Giant like that.
Old 09-07-16, 12:50 AM
gemini

Bikes: Trek Allant 7.2, Trek Soho S

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am not comfortable taking the risk on what Giant is going to ultimately end up doing. It could be one of 3 things - tell the LBS to sell the bikes at last year's price instead of the $60 increase, since they have last year's spec; or agree to upgrade them to M670 parts; or upgrade them to M7000 parts.
If they have a large number of these bikes, I doubt it's worth the labor to change the parts. My guess would be option #1, sell them as is at some discount. Of course it's going to be a bit confusing if Giant has assembled two different kind of bikes, some with the wrong parts and some with the specified parts. The various websites are going to have misleading information.
Old 09-07-16, 08:02 AM
therealjoeblow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for that explanation, I appreciate the level of detail.

It is a shame that you got stuffed around by Giant like that.
Thanks Colonel... since you appear to be located in Australia (where I believe the new 2017 Roam 0's are also currently available in stores), if you have an extra few minutes one day to drop into a local shop and take a quick look, it would be very interesting to know if the ones that initially shipped down-under were also fubar, or if they at least got those ones right.

Cheers
TRJB
Old 09-07-16, 05:43 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Thanks Colonel... since you appear to be located in Australia (where I believe the new 2017 Roam 0's are also currently available in stores), if you have an extra few minutes one day to drop into a local shop and take a quick look, it would be very interesting to know if the ones that initially shipped down-under were also fubar, or if they at least got those ones right.

Cheers
TRJB

I just rang the Giant store I bought my Toughroad from and asked about the 2017 Roam 0 and he went and checked on a model he had on the floor and he said that the Front Derailleur was a Deore, not an SLX, but that the Shifters and Rear Derailleur were SLX, so close to what the website says, but still not 100% accurate.

I forgot to ask him which model of SLX, and I don't know if it is written on the Derailleurs or Shifters.

Not this weekend, but the weekend after, I will go for a ride to their store and check it out myself, but to be honest, I really would be expecting the SLX to be the older version, not the new M7000 series.
Old 09-07-16, 06:23 PM
therealjoeblow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just rang the Giant store I bought my Toughroad from and asked about the 2017 Roam 0 and he went and checked on a model he had on the floor and he said that the Front Derailleur was a Deore, not an SLX, but that the Shifters and Rear Derailleur were SLX, so close to what the website says, but still not 100% accurate.

I forgot to ask him which model of SLX, and I don't know if it is written on the Derailleurs or Shifters.

Not this weekend, but the weekend after, I will go for a ride to their store and check it out myself, but to be honest, I really would be expecting the SLX to be the older version, not the new M7000 series.
Thanks Colonel, much appreciated! The model number is stamped in small (2mm or so) lettering on the bottom of the shifters and the back of the derailleur.

Cheers
TRJB

Last edited by therealjoeblow; 09-07-16 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-08-16, 10:15 AM
Prmax

Bikes: 2016 Fuji Abosolute 1.3, 2001 Diamondback Sorrento

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Fuji Absolute 1.3.

Old 09-08-16, 06:50 PM
therealjoeblow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Prmax
My Fuji Absolute 1.3.

I love the stealth look of the Fuji, but the orange brake calipers and (to a lesser extent) the red logo on the seat would bug the heck out of my OCD self. Still, a sweet looking ride overall!

Cheers
TRJB
Old 09-09-16, 05:22 AM
Prmax

Bikes: 2016 Fuji Abosolute 1.3, 2001 Diamondback Sorrento

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The seat is being replaced with a black Forte Softail. Once I took the pic I realized the seat had to go.
Old 09-09-16, 10:32 AM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

My Fuji Absolute 1.3.

That is a good looking bike, love that dark Navy Blue.
Old 09-09-16, 12:08 PM
therealjoeblow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The seat is being replaced with a black Forte Softail. Once I took the pic I realized the seat had to go.
Kind of like women and high-heels... put up with something (potentially) uncomfortable but looks more awesome :-)

Cheers
TRJB
Old 09-10-16, 05:36 AM
Woodfoot

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My new bike

2017 Trek FX 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
MyBike.jpg (99.2 KB, 385 views)
Old 09-10-16, 12:49 PM
fire

Bikes: '09 Diamondback Insight 1, '05 Trek 3700 ( now a hybrid street/cross trail bike), (Vintage model) Kent Supreme 10 speed road cruiser, BMX (just for fun), Trek Multitrack 720 and a homebuilt recumbent low-rider.

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Woodfoot
2017 Trek FX 3
I like the simplicity of it. The paint colour and simple logo looks smart.
👍
Old 09-10-16, 12:52 PM
fire

Bikes: '09 Diamondback Insight 1, '05 Trek 3700 ( now a hybrid street/cross trail bike), (Vintage model) Kent Supreme 10 speed road cruiser, BMX (just for fun), Trek Multitrack 720 and a homebuilt recumbent low-rider.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lina4lina

Girlyness doesn't matter, it's still a hybrid and where it takes you and how you have fun, is all that matters. 😉
Old 09-10-16, 12:55 PM
fire

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Fuji Absolute 1.3.

I sort of like those race car inspired red brakes.
Old 09-10-16, 01:21 PM
bargeon

Bikes: Fuji, Focus,Felt. 20 more letters to go.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 22 Posts
Fuji Traverse 1.3 Disc

Old 09-11-16, 06:51 PM
camjr

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring, 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 hybrid, 2000 Mongoose S2000 MTB, 2009 Schwinn Jaguar beach cruiser

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by bargeon
Fuji Traverse 1.3 Disc

Nice! We see a few Fuji Absolutes (like mine) but even fewer Traverse's.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-12-16, 04:50 AM
amusa

Bikes: Fuji's

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Mr. Fuji Traverse 1.9 and the Mrs. Fuji Absolute 1.7

Last edited by amusa; 09-12-16 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-12-16, 12:06 PM
dplevy81

Bikes: 12 Diamond Back Topanga custom build, 16 Niner Air 9 custom build, Slightly modded 16 Polygon Helios F5

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is my home made hybrid of sorts. The bike that started off life as a 2011 diamond back Topanga MTB, gave me 5 years of loyal service over thousands of miles of terrain is now a one off custom show piece and the pictures don't even do it justice. The frame was media blasted and brought with me to work where I had it powder coated innovative sky white gloss and topped with DuPont diamond dust clear. It seriously looks like it was made out of porcelain. The fork was stripped down and rebuilt and powder coated the same color combo along with the stem and a remote lockout was custom fabbed. Handlebars, seat post, and all hardware are powder coated Vulcan black semi gloss. The existing custom wheels (circa 2011) were re taped and trued up and wrapped with continental tour ride tires. The crank, bottom bracket, and cassette were upgraded to shimano Alivio to match the existing de railers and controls that were cleaned up and rebuilt. The disc brakes were rebuilt, given new pads, and reinstalled. The seat and grips are from bontrager and the pedals are from eBay. It'll get a better seat and possibly some better drivetrain components as things come off my Trek DS. Shes a little heavy but she rides as good as she looks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.