Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Anyone done Ljubljana to Prague?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-24, 09:31 AM
raybo
Bike touring webrarian

Bikes: I tour on a Waterford Adventurecycle. It is a fabulous touring bike.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 53 Posts

I'm looking at possible future rides and wonder if anyone has ridden from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Prague? I would prefer to avoid long rides through farmland (flat or rolling) and wonder if the area south of Prague, once over the mountains is all farmland or something more interesting.
Old 01-17-24, 03:16 AM
CMAW 
Pining for the fjords

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 150 Posts
Bohemia is a nice place to cycle (Moravia even more), a combination of hills, woods and valleys where you can always pick small roads or gravel paths to keep things exciting. Half of the villages are topped by a spectacular hrad (castle), and some have mind blowing historic centers (Telc, Cesky Krumlov...). Sumava national park on the border with Bavaria is also worth a detour. Czechs like to go camping in high summer so the nicest camping sites next to a lake or river tend to be full when you arrive later in the day. And if the weather is against you: Moravian wine is excellent!