Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Buying my first road bike

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-15, 07:29 PM
Ds03126

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am new to road bikes and I am looking into buying my first one. I am trying not to break the bank so I'm looking at used bikes but I'm worried about potentially getting ripped off. What do you think is a fair price for the bike on the following link?

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/bik/5049853541.html

Also, what are some good beginner road bikes that you suggest that are on the lower end of the price range?

Thanks for the help!
Old 06-01-15, 07:37 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
The price is good and the bike from the photos looks like it is in good condition. I would have no qualms buying it. I would try to have the person come down in price because it is CL but other than that looks good.

If your biggest concern is getting "ripped off" you should maybe consider going to your LBS and buying a bike there. This way you will have peace of mind in the purchasing of your bike. Something new, has a guarantee, you can check prices across stores and get free tune ups to boot. I know you said you wanted to save money but buying used is always a gamble.