Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Advice for a north to south route in Portugal

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Advice for a north to south route in Portugal

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-24, 06:46 AM
Bikemeansmanyth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They deleted the links for now, you know. Not me.
Old 01-19-24, 07:18 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 972 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikemeansmanyth
They deleted the links for now, you know. Not me.
most likely because you are new here, and to stop links for selling crap or how to meet a lovely Russian wife etc etc. Probably stops after ten posts or something.
Old 01-19-24, 10:41 AM
Bikemeansmanyth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
most likely because you are new here, and to stop links for selling crap or how to meet a lovely Russian wife etc etc. Probably stops after ten posts or something.
Yes I know why, hence why I wrote it.

The links were Hobbes' (quoted) and from my side: links to articles that enticed me to go the N2, the longest road, north to south, crossing all different PT timezones and climate zones.

One can do the same west to east, along the Douro river, on the N222. With west being USA, and east being Spain. Very nice.
Old 01-20-24, 03:16 AM
HobbesOnTour

Bikes: 90's Trek 800 Sport, setup for Fully Loaded Touring

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikemeansmanyth
Hey Hobbes, thanks for the reply to Digger. I read it too, and was wondering: You as pedalist: Are slow, enjoying mbikers (ebike) welcome sights on those favored roads too?
My experience is that outside of the English speaking world bikes are regarded as a normal part of the road. An E-bike will make no difference to that.
Having said that, act like a dick and expect to be treated likewise.The most important thing to pack, in my book, is a smile - and the ability to generate one, when needed. They're contagious.