Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Canada- when it's warmer

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Canada- when it's warmer

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-24, 03:11 PM
2zweelabout

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Canada- when it's warmer

Would like any information or suggestions for an upcoming Spring bike tour from Riviere du Loup Quebec to Edmundston, New Brunswick and then onto Fredericton or if time allows, finishing in St. John .
Old 02-23-24, 03:23 PM
Pratt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked 498 Times in 295 Posts
Get the Cycling in Quebec atlas, it is the official guide to La Route Verte.
My experience with Quebec road atlas is that it is a little hit or miss. It also does not include the bike routes.
Call campgrounds ahead of time to make sure they are open.
Lots of good food, but too many frites.
I was able to change up to $100.00 to Canadian at banks, no problem, and Visa was taken almost everywhere.
Most campgrounds catered to RVs, but were usually willing to squeeze in a cyclist.
Can you be a little more specific about your route?
Bon Voyage.
Old 02-23-24, 08:46 PM
Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1963 Post(s)
Liked 647 Times in 443 Posts
I rode Riviere du Loup to Fredericton last September. The petit-Témis trail is excellent and does not require wide tires. There are a couple of trail detours due to Trans-Canada highway construction. The St. John river section of New Brunswick is also excellent. Good road, not too much traffic, frequent places to rest and resupply. Very easy touring.