Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Another fit helpful?

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Another fit helpful?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-19, 07:23 AM
ctpres

Location: Creede CO in summer & Okeechobee, FL or TX Gulf Coast in winter

Bikes: Zenetto Stealth road bike & Sundeal M7 MTN bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Another fit helpful?

Had a pro fit (Tad Hughes - Houston) five years ago at 75. Have not changed bike setup. Just changed pedals/cleats and added aero bars. Getting ready to celebrate 80th BD with century ride and looking at things I can do that might help.
Old 02-16-19, 01:53 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6186 Post(s)
Liked 4,803 Times in 3,313 Posts
What is bothering you that you want to solve? The only thing I can think of from what you share is that the new bars may have altered the reach and drop you previously had and the new cleats and pedals may not have your feet in the same position.

If you ridden it since on some long rides and nothing bothers you or seems more uncomfortable than before, then you should be good to go.

Another fit, if not done by the same person or at least the someone with the same views will only confuse you as to whether the original fitter knew their stuff.
Old 02-16-19, 10:05 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Sounds to me like your current fit can't be too bad. I haven't changed my fit on my single in maybe 15 years, nor changed the fit on our tandem since we bought it in '07. Of course I've changed my saddles a few times, which always involves height adjustment and the re-imagining of what "level" means for a saddle. And which doesn't mean I haven't tried different things to see if they improved anything, but no, they didn't. Fool around with it if you want to. As long as you know your current measurements, it's easy to go back and who knows, you might learn something new.

I've never gone to a fitter. Why would I want someone else to tell me how to perch on my bike? I can easily tell what makes me fast and powerful on a bike.
Old 02-17-19, 01:33 PM
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 299 Posts
https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair...icle-section-1
For a number of years I've been tracking my bike fit with the Park Tool Positioning Chart. I have these charts going back about 9 years. It is instructive to review these charts and the position represented over time. My recommendation is you download and print the PDF and add in your own measurements before making changes. Then, if a change does not work out it will be easy to get back to the previous position.
Old 02-17-19, 05:02 PM
ctpres

Location: Creede CO in summer & Okeechobee, FL or TX Gulf Coast in winter

Bikes: Zenetto Stealth road bike & Sundeal M7 MTN bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by berner
https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair...icle-section-1
For a number of years I've been tracking my bike fit with the Park Tool Positioning Chart. I have these charts going back about 9 years. It is instructive to review these charts and the position represented over time. My recommendation is you download and print the PDF and add in your own measurements before making changes. Then, if a change does not work out it will be easy to get back to the previous position.
Re: chart and more importantly instructions - Thank You! That will help me record the starting point and keep track of changes. My main reason for the question was - aging body. I have lost over a inch of height. And that must result in some changes to fit. The table negates need for Pro fit. Thanks again.
Old 02-18-19, 10:58 AM
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 299 Posts
ctpres, I'm 80 years old myself. I began cycling at age 71, one of my best decisions over a lifetime.