Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

People taking their issues out on cyclists

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

People taking their issues out on cyclists

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-19, 08:09 AM
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 1,057 Times in 631 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Maybe she was dropped on her head as an infant. Maybe she was sniffing fingernail polish.

I seriously don't believe it when people tell me they encounter more bad bicycling than they do bad driving. Bad driving is just so common we don't even remember the incidents.
Bad posting is really common these days too, and once someone quotes you, there's no way to ever get rid of the evidence.
Old 04-22-19, 08:17 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemond1985
Bad posting is really common these days too, and once someone quotes you, there's no way to ever get rid of the evidence.

We all do it from time to time. I try to own it when I know I've screwed up rather than doubling down. I'm sure I screw that up from time to time as well.
Old 04-22-19, 09:09 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5223 Post(s)
Liked 3,579 Times in 2,341 Posts
reminds me of a time I was filtering toward an intersection. there was a long line of cars who were turning left & the drivers were frustrated. there was an empty right turning lane which I used ( to get to the front & wait for a good time to turn left). as I passed one small p/u truck I heard the driver yell: "**** you Yuppie!" um, OK ...

Last edited by rumrunn6; 04-22-19 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-22-19, 09:28 AM
jay6666

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I’ve got a good one. Walgreens has no bike rack so I pick up my prescription in the drive-through for two years now. Window teller tells me I can’t do that- corporate policy & that my credit card is no good even though It’s never been bad before or after, so I can’t pick up drug.
I emailed Walgreens corporate & they said they have no such policy- it’s up to individual store. I emailed store & corporate & told them that the teller lied to me about bikes & there is nothing wrong with my credit card. Manager called me & said bikes & motorcycles can go through drive-through only walkers can’t. I had to put my bike on the grass outside the store once & somebody was trying to steal it when I came out so I guess I can go back to Walgreens again to get my prescription without my bike getting stolen. Note: I don’t have a car.
Old 04-22-19, 09:39 AM
ironnerd
Blue Collar Cyclist

Bikes: Motobecane Gravel X1, Iron Horse Maverick 1.0

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
There really is nothing that bolsters one's faith in humanity like getting [sniped] at by a fat, toothless, redneck [snipe] in a rusty read panel van. I can't figure people at all. This [snipe] and her husband/cousin had money for gasoline, beer, and cigarettes, but not toothbrushes or shampoo.