Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

For Sale- Good OA torch for building

Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Old 02-15-19, 10:27 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4191 Post(s)
Liked 3,834 Times in 2,293 Posts

It’s time to let a friend move on. I’ve had this Goss 42W torch and tips since I first began building. It was vastly smaller and lighter then the usual welding stuff you see used back then. Not quite “aircraft” but far easier to hold for the long periods a newbie needed to get ok at brazing.Specs- 386gm with the medium tip. B size hoes fittings, #1, 3. 5 tips (.025”, .042” and ,060” orifices. I find the .042 works for 80+% of my needs).Condition- It’s used. The chrome handle has knocks and such but is mostly still shinny, with only a bit worn down to the brass and has no corrosion. The valves were serviced/replaced 20ish years ago (I’ll include the OEM ones) and turn
smoothly. The O valve is a bit sensitive to adjust but stays put once done. Tips have the usual darkened look of used ones, I did shine the portion that has the sizes listed a couple of years ago.Cost- $45 plus $14.35 of USPS flat rate box shipping (within the 48 states) for a total of $59.35. I take PayPal or checks if asked nicely[img][/img] While this isn’t a J28, a AW!A or a Meco Midget it is about 30% as costly and has the tip sizes that are perfect for OA brazing of bike stuff.First reply gets three days to finalize before I reoffer to reply two and on down the line. Shipping can be as soon as next Tuesday. Andy
Old 02-15-19, 09:33 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4191 Post(s)
Liked 3,834 Times in 2,293 Posts
Torch and tips have sold. But stay tuned as in about a month I expect to offer up another cool piece of tooling. Andy