Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Bendy Mirrors and Turn Signals?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-23, 03:03 PM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 490 Posts

I take my Yuba cargo all over town, almost always toting the kids. It’s been great.

The bike has a bar end mirror but it’s designed to be fixed into place. I’d like one that’s bendy, so I can quickly adjust after my wife rides it. Something like those bendy things people mount cameras to.

These almost exist but the ones I’ve seen clamp to a bar, and I really would prefer to keep the bar end mounted style. Seems simple enough but I haven’t seen any.

The other is that I’d like a turn signal for the rear. I’d prefer one that has separate lights I can mount on the widest sides on the rear rack. I feel like this would be a lot more obvious than the single center lights. I have seen some options but I’m not in love with any. I actually think I’d prefer wired to wireless so I wouldn’t need to charge every individual component.

What options are there?
Old 07-08-23, 05:27 PM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 490 Posts
This might actually need to be moved to the e-bike section.

I found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/16595178104...mis&media=COPY

I have no idea if my bike is compatible. It’s got a 500w hub Bafang motor with a basic controller.

That headlight is exactly the same one I have. So I guess I could remove mine and the wiring harness from this unit “should” fit. Then I could run the whole thing off the bike battery.

Does anyone know how to determine compatibility?
Old 07-08-23, 06:07 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
I am baffled by what goes on here in terms of posting. In any case, regarding the mirrors I quit bothering with what is marketed for bicycles and go for the motorcycle mirrors that do what they are supposed to do and last forever. The mirror that does what you want is CRG Hindsight LS.