Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Looking to get my first single speed

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-14, 07:57 PM
ROBOPANDA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I'm looking for a single speed (under $500) that I would be able to just ride around for the fun of it and exercise, I was looking at Purefix but they don't really appeal all that much to me. I was also looking at the Fuji Feather btu I can't seem to find a site that would deliver to me. Pretty much anything under $500 and is IN STOCK (not the Kilo TT) would be great.
Old 05-11-14, 12:11 AM
Elvo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
Kilo WT
Old 05-11-14, 02:35 PM
howeeee
Banned.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I bought a Pure Fix for a 150 bucks from a guy who had it , but didnt end up liking fixed gear. The bike cost 299 new. It was my first fixed gear. If you look around on craigslist you will find practically new fixed gear bikes that people are selling for one reason or another. I love it for 150 I was able to get my first fixed gear and get experience riding one.

So I now want a second fixed gear bike. I am going to try a SE Lager. The bike sells for around 400 bucks.
I buy and sell some vintage bikes and traded a vintage bike for the SE Lager to a bike shop that ordered one for me new, I will have it this week.

IF I wasnt able to trade for a new one, I would of bought another slightly used one. I saw a Big Shot on Craigslist for 250 that sells for about 400, that had less than 25 miles on it, I would of made an offer on that one for about 175. You have to have some mechanical skills when buying a used one, cause one of the reasons I think you find them for sale is, the guys or girls who bought them put them together slightly wrong lol and are not getting the performance they should get.

Good luck finding one
Old 05-12-14, 12:28 PM
Surveyman

Bikes: 2011 Masi Speciale Fixed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FWIW, I think the Kilo TT Strippers are back in stock as of Saturday (5/10/2014)

Last edited by Surveyman; 05-12-14 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Clarity