Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Wheeler 5100 cross line

Old 04-27-19, 01:48 AM
Nikola88

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Wheeler 5100 cross line

Hi, I have found on local ads a Wheeler 5100, by googling around I think its a Cross Line hybrid, it would interest me if the price is right, seller is asking around 100$ with shipping
Old 04-27-19, 08:26 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 652 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked 3,034 Times in 1,874 Posts
Agreed, it does appear to be a hybrid with 700C wheels. Wheeler tends to be one of the brands to which many C&V members thumb their noses but some of them were quite decent and offered good value. The 5xxx series tended to be mid-range, so $100 is probably a good deal but the shipping may erase most, if not all, of the value. The frame appears to be lugged steel and the shift levers appear to be Shimano Rapidfire (as opposed to Rapidfire Plus), so it should be very early 1990s. However, to have a better appreciation of the value we'd need to know the tubeset and components. Additional pictures, particularly of the drivetrain, shifters and brakes, would be a big aid.
Old 04-27-19, 10:12 AM
Nikola88

Originally Posted by T-Mar
Agreed, it does appear to be a hybrid with 700C wheels. Wheeler tends to be one of the brands to which many C&V members thumb their noses but some of them were quite decent and offered good value. The 5xxx series tended to be mid-range, so $100 is probably a good deal but the shipping may erase most, if not all, of the value. The frame appears to be lugged steel and the shift levers appear to be Shimano Rapidfire (as opposed to Rapidfire Plus), so it should be very early 1990s. However, to have a better appreciation of the value we'd need to know the tubeset and components. Additional pictures, particularly of the drivetrain, shifters and brakes, would be a big aid.
Hi, that is the only picture from the ad, shipping is about 15$ and its included in the price (croatian post is cheap)

You can see that there is a small dark sticker above the bb, must be for the tubing, will send a message for more pictures.

I am tempted to buy it, but my wife would kill me, i have 5 complete bikes and a few bins with parts... And absolutely no space to store it
Old 04-27-19, 11:38 AM
Nikola88

Looks like deore LX groupset, tange cr-mo plain gauge