HenryhHuber

Bikes: 2011 Surly Cross Check, 1990 Rock Hopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Bike Routes in Anoka, MN

Hello Folks,
This is a thread for those of you who live or have lived in Minnesota. I recently moved to Anoka from Minneapolis and I am wondering what are some great bike routes in my new neighborhood. I ride road and the routes can be any length, long or short. I live basically at the cross section of 169 and Main street.

Thanks for all your help in advance!
Old 01-24-19, 09:59 PM
Pcampeau

Bikes: 1968 Raleigh Super Course, 1972 Raleigh Professional, 1975 Raleigh International, 1978 Raleigh Professional, 1985 Raleigh Prestige, 1972 Schwinn Paramount, 1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8, 1960 Carlton Franco Suisse Peugeot PX10, 1972 Motobecane Le Champ

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 351 Posts
Hi, I live in Minneapolis but grew up in Anika county. The best place to bike around where you live is the Coon Rapids dam. From here you can bike all the way into Minneapolis along West River Road and connect with trails along the river or, go into Champlain and Maple Grove. If you head west along the MUP on West river Road you will eventually get to Elm Creek Park Reserve in Maple Grove. This is only about 7 or so miles from the dam. The dam is really the only nearby way to access the trail system for theThree Rivers Park District. There is an on street trail called MRT (Mississippi Regional Trail) that you can access following 4th ave starting in downtown Anoka. It’s kind of hard to follow because it’s mostly just signage on side streets and not all that well marked, but if you experiment with it a little you’ll figure it out and then it’s actually quite pleasant. A portion of this is along the mup on Coon Rapids BLVD. This will take you to the dam. Not a lot of other immediate options I’m afraid. Some more MUPs, but none of them go very far or connect well.