Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Mid seventies Masi Gran Criterium Water Bottle with correct TA cage

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-11, 12:47 AM
icicle

Bikes: Gold Plated Lamberts (matched pair NOS), Cinelli, Icicles (road bikes, mountain bike, track bike, tandems, plus the original fat bike from 1988)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am new to the forum. Lots of stuff stored in my basement, including the afore-mentioned bottle and cage. I have sort of heard they are scarce and sought-after. Any idea of the value? They are NOS. Somewhere there is a Champagne painted Masi Silca pump in the same condition.
Thanks
Old 07-02-11, 12:55 PM
joe englert

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by icicle
I am new to the forum. Lots of stuff stored in my basement, including the afore-mentioned bottle and cage. I have sort of heard they are scarce and sought-after. Any idea of the value? They are NOS. Somewhere there is a Champagne painted Masi Silca pump in the same condition.
Thanks
post some pics...please!! i may be interested as i have some masi bikes that they would look good on...post some pics!!!!
Old 07-02-11, 01:17 PM
maym036

Bikes: 69' Colnago, 74' DeRosa, 75' Masi Gran Criterium, 83' Tomas, 85' Daccordi Turbo, 90' Eddy Merckx 7/11, 92' Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, 92' Basso Astra,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
me too i would be interested in these items.
Old 07-02-11, 02:22 PM
Walter
SLJ 6/8/65-5/2/07

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts
"Ahem" This is not the For Sale forum.
Old 07-02-11, 04:18 PM
icicle

Bikes: Gold Plated Lamberts (matched pair NOS), Cinelli, Icicles (road bikes, mountain bike, track bike, tandems, plus the original fat bike from 1988)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just looking for some idea of value. Not ready to unload them. Besides, they might make good prizes at a Chinese auction at my office.
Old 07-02-11, 05:56 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
There was a time when NOS versions of the two color type still in the cello wrapper went for $200 on ebay. Not any more. A guy in Italy had ALE make replicas, a few versions one being pretty close to original, and I won't tell how it differs. They were being offered for $38. If you contact Alberto Masi and prove you own an Italian Masi then you too can buy one until they show up on ebay again, so I have been told. As the minimum run is 500 units there is not a short supply I think.

If the TA cage still has the gold foil tag a TA zealot period correct might pay $50. Silly blighters.
Old 07-03-11, 12:27 AM
icicle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks repechage. One of the cages does still have the TA label. The other one just has the glue. I actually know which Masis these came from, and both were show bikes that we bought from John Simonetti at the bike show. I sold one of them (Black, do not have the serial number) to a Sicilian American and the other one (sandblasted and shot with clear) went to a local kid who worked in the shop for a while. I told him at the time that it was probably the finest example of frame building available. It may still be in town so I will try to find him and see if he wants the bottle and cage. The black one I think ended up in Carmel in the 80s.
Old 07-03-11, 12:33 AM
icicle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh yes, I do know the correct spelling for his name is Gian...
Old 07-03-11, 07:24 AM
repechage

Originally Posted by icicle
Thanks repechage. One of the cages does still have the TA label. The other one just has the glue. I actually know which Masis these came from, and both were show bikes that we bought from John Simonetti at the bike show. I sold one of them (Black, do not have the serial number) to a Sicilian American and the other one (sandblasted and shot with clear) went to a local kid who worked in the shop for a while. I told him at the time that it was probably the finest example of frame building available. It may still be in town so I will try to find him and see if he wants the bottle and cage. The black one I think ended up in Carmel in the 80s.
A Black Masi is a handsome bike. That local kid that bought the clearcoated one is probably now in his 40's.
Old 07-03-11, 03:10 PM
maym036

Bikes: 69' Colnago, 74' DeRosa, 75' Masi Gran Criterium, 83' Tomas, 85' Daccordi Turbo, 90' Eddy Merckx 7/11, 92' Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, 92' Basso Astra,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
There was a time when NOS versions of the two color type still in the cello wrapper went for $200 on ebay. Not any more. A guy in Italy had ALE make replicas, a few versions one being pretty close to original, and I won't tell how it differs. They were being offered for $38. If you contact Alberto Masi and prove you own an Italian Masi then you too can buy one until they show up on ebay again, so I have been told. As the minimum run is 500 units there is not a short supply I think.

If the TA cage still has the gold foil tag a TA zealot period correct might pay $50. Silly blighters.
Any idea how I could contact Alberto?
Is he still in buisness or did he retire? I guess he must be pretty old by now.
Old 07-03-11, 09:23 PM
repechage

Originally Posted by maym036
Any idea how I could contact Alberto?
Is he still in buisness or did he retire? I guess he must be pretty old by now.
He was still at the Vigorelli Shop as of December of last year for sure. His web site is parked. He did have a myspace page. I have misplaced the phone number.
Old 07-04-11, 12:48 PM
maym036

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
He was still at the Vigorelli Shop as of December of last year for sure. His web site is parked. He did have a myspace page. I have misplaced the phone number.
Thanks for the info