Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bmc teammachine sr01 three or cannondale s6 evo

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-21, 06:28 PM
jsierra1985

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whats up everyone !!

Well this is my first post and glad I found a forum that is all about bikes. I currently own a Specialized diverge e5 elite which is a solid all around bike and enjoy it but its time for an upgrade. I am stuck between the bmc team machine sr01 three and the Cannondale super six evo ultegra di2. Just wanted some input from everyone

Thanks!
Old 02-13-21, 03:30 PM
RandomDesign

Bikes: 2021 BMC Teammachine SLR Three

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 20 Posts
Don't have any experience with the Cannondale but I have the 2021 BMC Teammachine SLR Three and it's been fantastic. Probably can't go wrong with either of them to be honest.
Old 02-14-21, 06:02 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1745 Post(s)
Liked 1,370 Times in 719 Posts
Opinions are like heads, everyone has one. My opinion stems from a bike mechanic point of view. These are my opinions.

As a Cdale fan I am immediately drawn to the SuperSix EVO. It is a wonderful frame in ride quality and performance. Cannot go wrong with this model as it is well proven over the years. Shimano components are typically hassle free. Their disc brakes are superior to Sram as far as maintenance is concerned. Easier to bleed, and use mineral oil instead of DOT fluid. Makes way more sense on a bicycle.
The BMC Timemachine is also well proven over the years. If I were a heavy rider, say 200 lbs plus, this would be my choice since it is known as a stiff ride, one that softens up a tiny bit with more weight on it. Unfortunately the brakes are Sram. They work well, but require more time to bleed, and should be flushed and bled every two years just like a motorcycle due to the DOT fluid.

The BMC has Sram Red wireless. Both Di2 and Red work very well once set up. Red is incredibly easy to set up. No wires to mess with, no junction box, no hassles. Period. It almost makes up for the integrated cockpit nonsense. Almost.

Both frames have the beyond stupid, just for looks, gotta have it because it is the latest trend, internal cable routing from front to back. Through the bars, stem, down tube, BB, chain stay, out of the stay and to the brake and/or derailleur. At service time this will prove to be a complete PIA and add much time to any process running lines and wires, etc. through the frame. IT SUCKS.
Aerodynamics? Are you kidding me??? When you can put out 400 watts consistently for an hour or three, then maybe aerodynamics of a frame can be discussed, but only if you can maintain speeds well over 20mph. Until then don't get suckered.
Integrated cockpits are bull****, and unless you are an easy person to set up for fit, where most anything goes, it will become a problem. The Cdale has an updated fit profile and may be easier to fit the non-racer.

The Cdale has a power meter. Unless you are racing, what is the point? Do you really need to monitor your output in terms of watts? Why? To improve? Improve what? For what reason? Seriously think about it. However, if you are one for bling or bragging rights this is the bike for you.

BMC is the choice only because it has wireless shifting. Take a heck of a lot of hassle out of owning and maintaining the bike.
Old 02-14-21, 06:10 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3672 Post(s)
Liked 5,427 Times in 2,757 Posts
You are fortunate to have a choice! Be lucky to find either around here, much less both.
Old 02-14-21, 02:44 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Both bikes are great, it is a pick your poison decision. You can't go wrong with either.

I normally don't like to make comments on other people's comments but this idea that complete internal routing sucks, I have to ask sucks for who? Since the originator in that post is a mechanic it is his job do it, that is what we pay you to do.

How often to you really have to change internal cables, brake lines last forever and Di2 never needs changing, SRAM is wireless so what's the problem? So it takes a little longer to get things right. For those of us who do our own work, well it doesn't actually look like rocket science to feed cables through a slot. Personally I love the look of no cables.

As someone else said, you are lucky to have choices as many markets are depleted. Good luck with your decision.