Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Freestyle on a road bike

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Freestyle on a road bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-21, 05:58 PM
jay4usc
Live Healthy

Bikes: Wabi Classic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 92 Posts
Freestyle on a road bike

I’ve never seen any videos doing freestyle on a road bike until I saw this video below. This guy performs some crazy tricks on his bike.

Likes For jay4usc:
Old 01-22-21, 06:39 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,439 Times in 989 Posts
Look up Peter Sagan - he does some pretty rad tricks on road bikes. He's known for doing a wheelie or other tricks at the end of TdF stage races where he's not in the hunt for a stage win.

And does anyone recall the British ex-BMX'r guy with all the videos, including using road bikes to do off-road stunts? I can't think of his name, but he gave a thrashing to a Pinarello Dogma a few years ago.
Old 01-22-21, 06:48 PM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Bikes: 2024 Spec Crux, 2015 Norco Search S1, 93 Mongoose IBOC COMP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked 355 Times in 212 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
Look up Peter Sagan - he does some pretty rad tricks on road bikes. He's known for doing a wheelie or other tricks at the end of TdF stage races where he's not in the hunt for a stage win.

And does anyone recall the British ex-BMX'r guy with all the videos, including using road bikes to do off-road stunts? I can't think of his name, but he gave a thrashing to a Pinarello Dogma a few years ago.
You're thinking of Martyn Ashton and his 'Road Bike Party' videos.
Old 01-22-21, 06:55 PM
jay4usc
Live Healthy

Bikes: Wabi Classic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder

This guy is doing a wheelie with his rear wheel going down hill.

Last edited by jay4usc; 01-22-21 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-22-21, 08:11 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4346 Post(s)
Liked 3,983 Times in 2,661 Posts
Road Bike Party is awesome. Though it has become quite a genre of the years since all of that stuff came out. Not to say I don't love it all and still watch those videos but it has become right popular and lots of stuff has come out.

It is quite amazing when people say they are underbiked and you see these folks doing what they did on road bikes or even cross bikes and you are like "damn, my ass would have crashed as soon as I saw the dirt" Heck even watching Danny Macaskill doing what he does on a mountain bike or trials bike is still mind blowing in a sense.

I was chuffed when I could stand on my top tube on my first BMX bike that was awesome (and I didn't learn a ton of tricks beyond that and never went further).