Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Need help on deciding which bike to buy!!

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-23, 06:08 PM
Teranluis1991

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife and I have been wanting to start riding bikes. I decided to get her something very comfortable to help her stick with it and becauseshe has some back problems. We would be riding around our neighborhood, parks, and light trails. I've found 2 bikes that I think will be good for her. One being the Electra Loft 7d and the other a Specialized Expedition Low entry. The electra I can get for $120 and the Specialized for $175. Which of these 2 bikes would best suit her needs? I do see that the Specialized has wider tires which would probably help for more off road terrains. Any input is appreciated.
Old 08-12-23, 06:39 PM
Schweinhund

Bikes: a couple

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Teranluis1991
My wife and I have been wanting to start riding bikes. I decided to get her something very comfortable to help her stick with it and becauseshe has some back problems. We would be riding around our neighborhood, parks, and light trails. I've found 2 bikes that I think will be good for her. One being the Electra Loft 7d and the other a Specialized Expedition Low entry. The electra I can get for $120 and the Specialized for $175. Which of these 2 bikes would best suit her needs? I do see that the Specialized has wider tires which would probably help for more off road terrains. Any input is appreciated.
The specialized is a 1000+ dollar bike, the other is half that. look at the specialized first,
Old 08-12-23, 06:51 PM
Teranluis1991

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Schweinhund
The specialized is a 1000+ dollar bike, the other is half that. look at the specialized first,
I found them both to be around $550, the Specialized was discontinued in 2016. The Electra is still being sold I believe.
Old 08-12-23, 07:00 PM
Schweinhund

Originally Posted by Teranluis1991
I found them both to be around $550, the Specialized was discontinued in 2016. The Electra is still being sold I believe.
Ah, I was looking at a roll élite low entry.
Electra's are fine bikes you looking for comfort or speed? The Electra is a 700c commuter and the Specialized is more of a city bike with bigger tires than the Electra has.
Old 08-12-23, 07:12 PM
Teranluis1991

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ah, I was looking at a roll élite low entry.
Electra's are fine bikes you looking for comfort or speed? The Electra is a 700c commuter and the Specialized is more of a city bike with bigger tires than the Electra has.
We are looking for comfort especially since my wife gets sore pretty quick. Just want a comfortable bike that will do good at parks and around the neighborhood and sometimes light trails, nothing too off road.
Old 08-12-23, 07:31 PM
Schweinhund

the Specialized then
Old 08-13-23, 09:01 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 622 Posts
Why not go to both stores and have her try the bikes; let her butt decide which is the premium entry, and if neither, keep trying them out.
Likes For 2old: