Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Need info for a del sol shorliner duluxe

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-23, 01:18 AM
reevesbyron02
Del sol shorliner

Bikes: Del sol shorliner deluxe ss st

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm having trouble finding info on this particular bike I just bought a shorliner Deluxe s/t for 40 bucks all the info I can find shows them all having igh Shimano 3 speeds this one has a single speed coaster brake has anyone seen this configuration? Also any idea what it might be worth? ×
Also I have a sturmey archer aw3 from a breeze could I swap out the ss coaster hub for the aw3?

Last edited by reevesbyron02; 08-19-23 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Had another question
Old 08-19-23, 05:03 PM
SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Originally Posted by reevesbyron02
I'm having trouble finding info on this particular bike I just bought a shorliner Deluxe s/t for 40 bucks all the info I can find shows them all having igh Shimano 3 speeds this one has a single speed coaster brake has anyone seen this configuration? Also any idea what it might be worth? ×
Also I have a sturmey archer aw3 from a breeze could I swap out the ss coaster hub for the aw3?
The swap depends on over locknut dimensions and chain line. and you’d need the correct shifter.

No idea what it’s worth.

The originally hub might have been switched. Looked it up and it looks like an aluminum frame. Hopefully it wasn’t squeezed to get the single speed coaster to work.