Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Chris King BB: Does the chain-line differ from Shimano?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-19, 08:58 AM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts

The Chris King bottom bracket requires that one use a set of inserts/adaptors for specific cranks:

This makes me wonder whether the chain line and stack height might change, relative to Shimano's bottom bracket.

(Using a Shimano Ultegra BB with a GRX crankset, my Ultegra Di2 front derailleur is already at the outermost extreme setting for my H-limit screw, so there is no margin of error.)

I haven't managed to find any measurements or specifications on the Chris King website. Anyone here have first-hand experience with this?
Old 10-25-19, 09:15 AM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked 1,058 Times in 742 Posts
Give CK a call or email them. They have very good customer support and would know as much as anyone what the answer is.