Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

M2 smart trainer question

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Old 10-05-19, 07:18 PM
Jewishcowboy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i just got a cycle ops M2 smart trainer and I’m having issues with the trainer tire sidewalk coming out around the valve stem. I have the tire pressure at 120 psi and when I turn the clutch knob to tighten it the tire keeps blowing out when I start riding it. Any thoughts or other people with this issue?
Old 10-10-19, 12:58 PM
peter_d
self propelled lifer

Bikes: 1962 Dawes Galaxy; 72 Gitane Interclub;73 Peugeot PR10;78 Torpado Luxe;73 Grandis; 81 Raleigh/Carlton Comp; 85 Bianchi Stelvio; 87 Bianchi Brava; 73 Bottechia Special; 1969 or70 Bob Jackson

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
It's possible that the inner tube valve isn't seating properly inside the tire. If the inner tube has a presta valve, push the valve through the hole in the rim and screw on the little knurled nut that came with the tube, this will keep the valve straight as you mount the tire. After you get the tire on the rim remove the knurled nut and push the valve stem so it goes back into the tire as far as possible, this will make sure that the valve is seated inside the bead of the tire, now pull it back out and replace the knurled nut and screw it down. The only other issue I can think of is that you have too much tension on the trainer roller.
Old 10-10-19, 01:16 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
That's a lot of pressure. A wheel on trainer supports your weight on the clamp/skewer, not the tire. The tire only sees tension from the trainer for traction.

So no need for 120psi. I'd say check on that as well. Maybe 90 psi?
Old 10-11-19, 07:09 AM
Jewishcowboy

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update. I think the tire just needed to get settled in cause I've had no issues the last 3 rides and I've gone really hard at times. I'm keeping the tire pressure at 120 so it doesn't compress even more